Best LC Setup? 07/09/2010 04:56 AM CDT
I was wondering what the best LC setup, forged or otherwise was?

I just grabbed a capped LC Shirt and some LC greaves but the greaves bumped my stealth hinderance up a notch which I didn't care for.

Would a better option be going for a forged LC hauberk?

Also if I'm going to eat it on the stealth hinderance would it be that much worse to just go ahead and get HC greaves + accessories?
Re: Best LC Setup? 07/09/2010 06:59 AM CDT
Depends on your guild know a bit more than before. If you're a barb you eat a little extra hindrance penalty for using HC vs LC per the recent armor changes.
Re: Best LC Setup? 07/09/2010 07:54 AM CDT
I love the LC shirt, HC accesories combo, almost all my characters use it. I use it on my ranger too and have no trouble hiding.
Re: Best LC Setup? 07/09/2010 11:52 AM CDT
Good to know FBC, I may just try that out. What HC accessories do you use? Just HC Mail Gloves? Not too sure on which helm to go for.

Also I'm just a MM Liquid, if that has any bearing.
Re: Best LC Setup? 07/09/2010 12:03 PM CDT
with gloves alone you'll learn very little armor skill unless you spend quite a bit of time dancing for defenses

Grixlek says, "Courage is dangerous, it leads to attempts at heroics..."
Vegas asks, "What like dating?"
Grixlek says, "Nothing that dangerous I believe, but still crazy stuff."
Re: Best LC Setup? 07/09/2010 12:06 PM CDT
Forged mail gloves, forged greaves and the visored chain helm from Riverhaven (this is HC not neutral chain, which is very important)
Re: Best LC Setup? 07/09/2010 01:05 PM CDT
Store equivalent would be Light chain shirt, and set HC greaves/gloves from Haven, with the same helm.

If anyone cares.
Re: Best LC Setup? 07/09/2010 01:21 PM CDT
Here's a couple of posts I did a few months ago on the same general subject in the thieves folder. Hopefully they might help you out a bit.

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=20&category=33&topic=3&message=12831

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=20&category=33&topic=3&message=12835

Kaxis

http://www.tinyurl.com/kaxisforgedarmor

A vile plague wraith whispers to you, "Your eyesss are ssshrouded to the sssecrets that lay within your grasssp. Sssubmit and allow me to pull back the concssealing veil that hidesss the truth."

You whisper to a vile plague wraith, "No talking."

The plague wraith ignores you.

You roll your eyes.
Re: Best LC Setup? 07/09/2010 05:43 PM CDT
Good stuff Urutu...about when could I expect to have the hinderances for LC worked off? I only have 50 ranks in HC and I'm armor tert so hopefully only at 100...
Re: Best LC Setup? 07/09/2010 07:19 PM CDT
>Good stuff Urutu...about when could I expect to have the hinderances for LC worked off? I only have 50 ranks in HC and I'm armor tert so hopefully only at 100...

When it catches up to your evasion.

~ Kougen

Vorasus says, "There will be blood."

Vorasus drinks your milkshake.
Re: Best LC Setup? 07/09/2010 11:07 PM CDT
so basically never
Re: Best LC Setup? 07/10/2010 01:54 PM CDT
>so basically never

Welcome to Improved Combat*.

* Not yet live

~ Kougen

Vorasus says, "There will be blood."