Store Bought 11/22/2009 02:54 PM CST
Hey was thinking of switching to LC and recommendations on a store bought setup don't have the coin to go forged yet.
Re: Store Bought 11/22/2009 03:00 PM CST
Not an expert in store-bought light chain by any means, but I've heard good things about the silver-gilt hauberk in Theren. People also recommend the HC visored helm in Haven. As for gloves, I dunno.
Re: Store Bought 11/22/2009 03:25 PM CST
The LC balaclava from Shard is the best in game other than the balaclava painted to resemble rotting flesh which is fest bought.
Re: Store Bought 11/22/2009 03:34 PM CST
As far as I know, those balaclava are both neutral chain, so if you want them to be LC, then LC needs to be your higher chain skill. Is balaclava plural and singular?

Telrenth
Re: Store Bought 11/22/2009 04:29 PM CST
Balaclavae?
Re: Store Bought 11/22/2009 05:11 PM CST
Ditto on the silver-gilt hauberk. And the chain balaclava from Shard protects the head, neck, and eyes.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Store Bought 11/22/2009 06:09 PM CST
I was just thinking today how it's kinda sad that you don't often see people wearing things like the silver gilt hauberk anymore. Before forging, you used to see a lot of people wearing that, as well as the golden augmented mail for heavy chain.

Not to mention gleaming silver-white plate.

Forged gear is so plain looking. :(
Re: Store Bought 11/22/2009 08:58 PM CST
Yes, and massive plate armor.

I fondly remember the old acronyms: OGSWP, OWS, OMP, etc...