Forged 10/09/2005 12:27 AM CDT
What will average/moderate quality forged LC chest stuff run me now? Keep getting chest wounds.

I am a leaf on the wind. Watch me soar.
Re: Forged 10/09/2005 10:07 AM CDT
If you wish to buy from my husband. Light shirt-hauberks will cost anywhere from 25 plats to 50. All armor is kept in stock in Crossing.

You can see what he makes by looking here

http://darkanvil.bravepages.com/Index.html

Mya Eloy

When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.

http://darkanvil.bravepages.com/Index.html
Re: Forged 10/09/2005 10:27 AM CDT
Thanks Mya, I always forget Relayer has a site.

I am a leaf on the wind. Watch me soar.
Forged LC? 08/07/2006 09:47 PM CDT
Where can I get a good forged Light Chain Lorica?(chest, back, abdomen)

Ohh, and what factors into the damage that HC gloves do? Weight, protection, or do all HC gloves perform the same in regards to brawling impact damage?

The only thing to fear is fear itself--nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance.
Re: Forged LC? 08/10/2006 07:13 AM CDT
>Where can I get a good forged Light Chain Lorica?(chest, back, abdomen)

I have a mix for these from my testing days. Not sure of stats offhand because my notes are on another PC. I'm in the process of resupplying Trader Cossetta, who sells my forged chain exclusively, so check with her in a day or so.

-Marc/Slaris
Forged armor-selling 10/02/2008 01:39 PM CDT
Just to let people know... that I (Ferrika) sell in crossing trader market either in the stalls, or on the tables, various types of armor be they plate, chain or shield. I have just about all different options for sale or can have them commissioned in fairly reasonable time. My forgers are Caxz for the plate and Averalaan for the Chain. Averalaan and Caxz both do the crocodile bucklers i have for sale.

OOC: Usually i'm around in the evenings eastern time but sometimes i pop up during the daytime. If you need to get in touch with me when i'm not around i do have a pigeon FerrikaDR, just leave me a message of what your interested in or questions and i'll get back to you.

Ferrika
LF: Forged HC/LC Armor set- Eeary Template 12/04/2009 05:53 PM CST
Hey all,

I'm looking for the following forged HC/LC. I've done a lot of browsing and Eeary's old catalog looks to be the best. Can anyone currently forge his pieces? Or if anyone can forge better that would also be acceptable.

Light chain:
Full Chain Shirt: good/high good/high good/high moderate hindrance, fair stealth,

Heavy chain:
greaves: good/good good/good good/good, insig hindrance (fair stealth? don't have the ap)
gloves: good/good good/good good/good insig hindrance (insig stealth?)

Thanks!
Re: LF: Forged HC/LC Armor set- Eeary Template 12/04/2009 06:48 PM CST
Hit me up on AIM at WarmieNdin. I used to do a lot of Eeary's mixing, and I can cap all the chain armor I've made. Never tried a full chain shirt (though I have the mix he used), so Ill hit the forge in the next day or two and let ya know if it app's the same.

-Master Ndin
Re: LF: Forged HC/LC Armor set- Eeary Template 12/04/2009 07:05 PM CST

>> -Master Ndin

Awesome.
The Mother Of All Forged Chain 12/22/2009 11:02 PM CST
The augmented hauberk is heavy chain.

The hauberk looks like it offers protection for the following areas:

right arm
left arm
right leg
left leg
chest
abdomen
back

You feel certain that an augmented hauberk appears to impose great maneuvering hindrance and high stealth hindrance, offering:
high protection and high damage absorption for puncture attacks.
high protection and high damage absorption for slice attacks.
good protection and high damage absorption for impact attacks.
high protection and good damage absorption for fire attacks.
moderate protection and good damage absorption for cold attacks.
poor protection and good damage absorption for electrical attacks.

If you were only wearing an augmented hauberk your maneuvering would be fairly hindered and your stealth would be lightly hindered.
But considering all the armor and shields you are wearing or carrying, you are currently fairly hindered and your stealth is fairly hindered.

You are certain that the augmented hauberk is well constructed, and is in pristine condition.

The augmented hauberk is made with metal.
The augmented hauberk is somewhat pliable.
You are certain that the augmented hauberk weighs exactly 690 stones.
You are certain that the augmented hauberk is worth exactly 3500 kronars.
Roundtime: 8 seconds.

>You are wearing some mail gloves, a visored chain helm, an ordinary shield and an augmented hauberk.

I usually wear a Leather/LC/HC mix that puts me at lightly/lightly. As you can see, this hauberk didn't increase my hindrances all that much. A seriously hardcore piece of armor.

This is my latest addition, but Ciressa sells all my forged LC/HC at her tables in the Riverhaven Trader Market Building (from the town square/temple go: north, go building, up) usually on Tuesday, Thursday, and either Saturday or Sunday.

Kaxis

TIP OF THE DAY:
A heavy crossbow is a heavy crossbow type weapon.
Re: The Mother Of All Forged Chain 12/23/2009 06:02 AM CST
HC that that thinks it's HP! I love it.

~Hunter Hanryu
http://drplat.com/CombatEquipmentCompendium.xls
Re: The Mother Of All Forged Chain 12/23/2009 09:23 AM CST
What's the price?

Also, I know this may be a silly question but... I assume there is no player made cloth or bone armor?

-- Player of Niieth
Re: The Mother Of All Forged Chain 12/23/2009 11:15 AM CST
>>I assume there is no player made cloth or bone armor?

No. Not yet, at least.

"I hate you so much right now." -GM Armifer
Re: The Mother Of All Forged Chain 12/23/2009 01:04 PM CST
<<What's the price?>>

If you're interested in HC hauberks and prices, there's a few things you should know about the overall picture and how they stack up. Here's all the ones I make currently:

HEAVY CHAIN WGT PUN SLI IMP FIR COL ELE HIN CON PLAT LIRUMS
Chain Hauberk 400 G/H G/H M/H M/G M/G P/G Mod/High Moderately Strong 32
Augmented Hauberk 1 400 G/H G/H M/H H/G M/G P/G Mod/High Well Constructed 32
Augmented Hauberk 2 400 H/H G/H M/H H/G M/G P/G Mod/High Fairly Sturdy 48
Augmented Hauberk 3 510 H/H G/H M/H H/G M/G P/G High/High Well Constructed 45
Augmented Hauberk 4 690 H/H H/H G/H H/G M/G P/G Great/High Well Constructed 48

The chain hauberk is an old standby that's seen characters through many battles over the years. However, its day has passed.

AH 1 has replaced the old chain hauberk completely. I can still special order an HC chain hauberk, but they're officially discontinued.

AH 2 has better puncture than AH1 but worse construction.

AH 3 is the same defensively as AH 2 and well constructed but increased weight and hindrance.

AH 4 is by far the best defensively and well constructed but increased weight and hindrance.

If you're interested in purchasing a hauberk remember that being in Riverhaven Ciressa's transactions are in lirums.

Kaxis

TIP OF THE DAY:
A heavy crossbow is a heavy crossbow type weapon.
Forged Chain for the Future 03/05/2011 10:33 PM CST
We don't know when the armor forging portion of the mech split will arrive, or exactly what it will bring, so I thought it would be a good idea to start forging a supply of certain items. The main one is my signature 380 stone LC augmented hauberk:

The augmented hauberk is light chain.

The hauberk looks like it offers protection for the following areas:

right arm
left arm
right leg
left leg
chest
abdomen
back

You feel certain that an augmented hauberk appears to impose moderate maneuvering hindrance and moderate stealth hindrance, offering:
high protection and high damage absorption for puncture attacks.
good protection and high damage absorption for slice attacks.
moderate protection and high damage absorption for impact attacks.
high protection and good damage absorption for fire attacks.
moderate protection and good damage absorption for cold attacks.
poor protection and good damage absorption for electrical attacks.

If you were only wearing an augmented hauberk you could expect your maneuvering to be insignificantly hindered and your stealth to be insignificantly hindered.

You are certain that the augmented hauberk is marginally vulnerable to damage, and is in pristine condition.

The augmented hauberk is made with metal.
The augmented hauberk is somewhat pliable.
You are certain that the augmented hauberk weighs exactly 380 stones.
You are certain that the augmented hauberk is worth exactly 3500 kronars.
Roundtime: 8 seconds.

They sell for 75 plat kronars or 60 plat lirums. You can check out all my forged chain and prices at my link:

http://www.tinyurl.com/kaxisforgedarmor

To be on the safe side place an order for what you want now. You can reach me at KaxisDR. I deal around the Crossing, although I can be anywhere on the mainland in a few minutes.

Or if you're in Riverhaven you can purchase my capped forged LC/HC at Ciressa's new shop in the Riverhaven Market Plaza (from town square/temple go: north, go plaza, north) to Ciressa's Tiny Haven. Her hours are 12 pm - 7 pm EST daily. Being in Riverhaven she deals in lirums. You can also place an order through her in person or through her IM: Katyaska.

Kaxis
Forged Chain Helmet 04/05/2011 02:11 PM CDT
I'm looking for a forged light chain helmet that protects the eyes, but don't believe it exists.

Anyone know why so much of the forged helms leave out the eye protection? And is there a work around for this I don't know about?
Re: Forged Chain Helmet 04/05/2011 02:15 PM CDT
Most just wear a tanned leather mask (eyes only) under their helm to cover it.

______
Kertig Heart Magdar Bluefletch, Transcendent Barbarian of M'Riss
Re: Forged Chain Helmet 04/05/2011 02:17 PM CDT
You could use a leather mask if mixing armours is a possibility for you. If you also train HC, what I've always done is use the HC visored chain helm from Riverhaven and put the LC in other spots.

Its a known issue, and I think the GMs have said they're taking it into consideration while working on Crafting 3.0.

-Evran

Gay, geeky, and a little bit cheeky.
Re: Forged Chain Helmet 04/05/2011 03:11 PM CDT
<<'m looking for a forged light chain helmet that protects the eyes, but don't believe it exists.>>

If you definitely need LC then the shard balaclava is the usual answer. There are some festie versions as well. Otherwise the HC visored chain helm Evran suggested is the way to go.

LC shirt
HC visored chain helm, gloves, greaves

is a pretty even split, at least for now. LC will lead slightly.

<<Anyone know why so much of the forged helms leave out the eye protection?>>

Dalzien told us it was an oversight.

Kaxis

>You hear a blood-curdling shriek from the southeast.

>You ponder.

>You go west.
Re: Forged Chain Helmet 04/05/2011 05:07 PM CDT
>> LC will lead slightly.<<

Keep in mind that the balaclava is neutral chain. It will take on the properties of whichever of your chain armors is highest. If HC outranks your LC, a balaclava will be HC.

NMUs are not people. -GM Armifer
Re: Forged Chain Helmet 04/05/2011 05:33 PM CDT
<<Keep in mind that the balaclava is neutral chain. It will take on the properties of whichever of your chain armors is highest. If HC outranks your LC, a balaclava will be HC.>>

This is true of course. But my comment about LC leading slightly was meant to apply to my example of wearing LC shirt with HC visored chain helm, gloves, and greaves

Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Kaxis

>You hear a blood-curdling shriek from the southeast.

>You ponder.

>You go west.