Multiple bugs with grapple. 06/11/2020 10:08 AM CDT
Im not even sure where to start when it comes to Grapple. It just seems to be getting worse.

Being able to grapple when not engaged, stand and walking out of a room without breaking a grapple, And plus the bug complaints about grapple breaking khri silence (please see the thief bug folder for the multiple posts concerning this.)

Can i make a suggestion that grapple be turned off while all these bugs are active?

Thank you

>> just a quick log, Im not running any magic or buffs.

XXXX grabs hold of you in a tight grip. You grip back.
[You're winded, very badly balanced with opponent in excellent position.]
P>

P>

P> stand
XXXX assesses his combat situation.
P>
P>
You stand back up.

> hide
You melt into the background, convinced that your attempt to hide went unobserved.
Roundtime: 2 sec.

HR> amb clout

There is nothing else to face!
What are you trying to attack?
Ambush what?
H>
Re: Multiple bugs with grapple. 06/13/2020 01:59 AM CDT
>Being able to grapple when not engaged, stand and walking out of a room without breaking a grapple, And plus the bug complaints about grapple breaking khri silence (please see the thief bug folder for the multiple posts concerning this.)

It seems the stand and walk away bug is due to the engagement bug. I'll see what I can figure out about that.

The Khri bug is in Vanish, not Silence. I haven't had time to address Vanish, but it should not be breaking grapples without a skill check.

Javac
That one guy

If you have questions or comments in regard to this post please email me at DR-JAVAC@play.net.
Re: Multiple bugs with grapple. 06/13/2020 02:42 PM CDT
>> It seems the stand and walk away bug is due to the engagement bug. I'll see what I can figure out about that.

These engagement bugs also extend to stealth, if you are not already aware, as outlined here...

http://forums.play.net/forums/DragonRealms/Abilities,%20Skills%20and%20Magic/Survival%20Skills%20-%20Stealth/view/3908

>> The Khri bug is in Vanish, not Silence. I haven't had time to address Vanish, but it should not be breaking grapples without a skill check.

There has never been a skill check with Vanish.

Plus a skill check would be just cruel. It does not disengage grapple and leave us with the advantage of being at Melee ready to backstab again. We are taken right out of combat. All other guilds have access to pulsing AOE that is not only damaging but will bring us out of hiding.
Re: Multiple bugs with grapple. 06/13/2020 03:15 PM CDT
I'm confused. Grapple allows you to disable for a infinite amount of time if you don't have the defending to avoid it, but vanish clearing you out of combat, like it says in its description, is a no no? Something isn't adding up here.

Seems especially concerning for a melee stealth guild to get shut down with 1 move. No stealth, no ambushes, no backstab, no invisibility.
Re: Multiple bugs with grapple. 06/13/2020 07:11 PM CDT

/reroll trader