Ranged Weapon Bug 10/21/2019 08:21 PM CDT
I've been losing arrows like crazy in Young Wyvern narrowed it down to a bug. I can recreate this instance fairly easy, have proven its a bug, needs fixed. Not sure whats triggering it to happen but I know how to make it happen. So the instance is pretty simple. So with 4 critters on me. have to be engaged by four and a 5th or more wyvern are in the room be it one walks in or youre hunting with someone, when I shoot my bow double loaded, aiming, it will fire randomly at critters that aren't facing me. It doesn't turn and face other critter because its shooting at a +5 and you can only have 4 on you. It's costing me arrows, because it happens i didnt know what was happening and the critter cant advance me because i have 4 on me then walks out of my room. see below for example

hunting with another, full aim, and i fire. get this FACE WHAT message which means I fired at a 5th+ crit. again i have 4 crits on me, im full aim on a wyvern when i fire get this message.

> fire

>
Face what?
FACE HELP for more information
< With the precision and elegance of a plunging goshawk, you fire a shadowy arsenic arrow at a young wyvern. A young wyvern fails to dodge, twisting partially away from much of the blow.
The arrow lands a powerful strike that rips a small chunk of flesh from the wyvern's left forearm, lightly stunning it.

The shadowy arsenic arrow lodges itself shallowly into the young wyvern!
[You're nimbly balanced and have slight advantage.]
Face what?
< Moving with the precision of a mongoose, you fire a shadowy arsenic arrow at a young wyvern. A young wyvern attempts to evade, only slightly avoiding the blow.
The arrow lands an awesome strike that penetrates deeply into the muscles of the chest.

The shadowy arsenic arrow lodges itself firmly into the young wyvern!
[You're nimbly balanced and in good position.]
[Roundtime 1 sec.]

so I asses

> ass
You assess your combat situation...

You (nimbly balanced) are facing a young wyvern (9) at melee range.
A young wyvern (1: somewhat off balance) is facing Agholar at melee range.
A young wyvern (2: nimbly balanced) is behind Agholar at melee range.
A young wyvern (3: prone and very badly balanced) is behind Puug at missile range.
A young wyvern (4: badly balanced) is advancing on Puug at missile range.
A young wyvern (5: unconscious and very badly balanced) is flanking Puug at missile range.
A young wyvern (6: prone and very badly balanced) is behind Puug at missile range.
A young wyvern (7: solidly balanced) is flanking Agholar at melee range.
A young wyvern (8: slightly off balance) is behind you at pole weapon range.
A young wyvern (9: slightly off balance) is facing you at melee range.
A young wyvern (10: slightly off balance) is behind Agholar at melee range.
A young wyvern (11: nimbly balanced) is flanking you at melee range.
A young wyvern (12: nimbly balanced) is behind you at melee range.
Puug (solidly balanced) is facing a young wyvern (4) at missile range.
Agholar (solidly balanced) is facing a young wyvern (1) at melee range.

I'm on ninth, i check ninth nothing....

> l ninth wyv

You see a young wyvern.
The young wyvern is in good shape.
It is wearing nothing!
It is carrying nothing!

You (solidly balanced) are facing a young wyvern (9) at melee range.

So i start looking at first, second, third and on till i hit the eighth and find my arrows.

> look eighth wyv
You see a young wyvern.
The young wyvern has minor swelling and bruising around the left hand compounded by cuts and bruises about the left hand, severely swollen and bruised chest area compounded by deep slashes across the chest area.
There is a shadowy arsenic arrow lodged firmly in its scaly chest, a shadowy arsenic arrow lodged shallowly in its left hind claw.
The young wyvern is bleeding with widespread discoloration in the scaly chest and badly from the scaly chest.
It is wearing nothing!
It is carrying nothing!

then i redid assess and still facing ninth. Again when this happens and say you shoot a critter that cant engage boom i lose my arrows, its annoying. can we get this fixed.

~CJeincains
Re: Ranged Weapon Bug/Had it happen again with only x4 critters 10/21/2019 09:21 PM CDT
R>
You think you have your best shot possible now.
>
The young wyvern closes to pole weapon range on you!
> bob

You bob suddenly, lowering yourself into a smaller target.
[You're adeptly balanced and in dominating position.]
Roundtime: 4 sec.
R>
Your formation of a targeting pattern around a young wyvern has completed.
R>
The young wyvern closes to melee range on you!
R> cast
* With inept movements, a young wyvern lunges foward and snaps its fangs at you. You barely block with a storm-bull targe sealed with protective wax.
[You're adeptly balanced and in excellent position.]
>
You gesture at a young wyvern.
A bolt of bluish lightning blazes out of the sky toward a young wyvern!
A young wyvern looks pale as the lightning bolt strikes nearby!

Emotional pain and exhaustion lingers in your mind, even after you regain rational control.
Roundtime: 1 sec.
R> fire

Face what?
< Moving with amazing force and guile, you fire a shadowy arsenic arrow at a young wyvern. A young wyvern attempts to evade, avoiding only some of the blow.
The arrow lands a powerful strike that nicks the wyvern's left forearm.

[You're adeptly balanced and in dominating position.]
Face what?
< Moving with dominating grace, you fire a shadowy arsenic arrow at a young wyvern. A young wyvern attempts to dodge, only partially avoiding the impact.
The arrow lands an extremely heavy hit that nicks the wyvern's left forearm, stunning it.

[You're adeptly balanced and overwhelming opponent.]
[Roundtime 1 sec.]

R>
* Moving inexpertly, a young wyvern viciously lashes the side of its tail at you. You evade, ducking in the nick of time.
[You're adeptly balanced and in superior position.]
> rele spell

You feel fully rested.

>
A young wyvern shakes its head back and forth furiously with a snarl, trying to shake off its stun.
>
* Awkwardly, a young wyvern lunges foward and snaps its fangs at you. You partially block with a storm-bull targe sealed with protective wax.
>
* Trying inexpertly, a young wyvern lunges foward and snaps its fangs at you. You dodge, just stepping out of harm's way.
[You're adeptly balanced and in very strong position.]
>
You aren't preparing a spell.
> prep lb 20
load arrows
That will disrupt less than a quarter of your current attunement.
With meditative movements you prepare your body for the Lightning Bolt spell. Casting rationality aside, you prepare to yoke unseen mana streams to fuel your sorcery.
>
You reach into your quiver to load the composite bow with some shadowy arsenic arrows.
Roundtime 6 sec.
R>
The spirit of the cheetah surges through your veins!
R>

R> l
[Wyvern Mountain, Breeding Grounds]
The sound of raging water comes from far below the high ledge, which juts out from the side of the mountain. Several abandoned nests lie here and there along the ledge, scattered with the bones of deer and other large game. Mist shrouds the mountain in a haze of thick cloud, hiding its secrets under the cover of night.
You also see a young wyvern, a young wyvern, a tiny faceted cerise tourmaline, a large orange agate, a young wyvern, a tiny green emerald, some silver coins, some bronze coins, a copper coin, a medium moss-green peridot, a medium sea-green chalcedony, an embroidery needle, a young wyvern, a medium purple agate, some silver coins, some bronze coins and some copper coins.
Obvious paths: north, west.
R>
* Trying inexpertly, a young wyvern viciously lashes the side of its tail at you. You barely block with a storm-bull targe sealed with protective wax.
R>
* Trying inexpertly, a young wyvern slashes its razor-sharp hind talons at you. You barely block with a storm-bull targe sealed with protective wax.
R>
* Moving inexpertly, a young wyvern lunges foward and snaps its fangs at you. You barely block with a storm-bull targe sealed with protective wax.
R> ass
You assess your combat situation...

You (adeptly balanced) are facing a young wyvern (1) at melee range.
A young wyvern (1: solidly balanced) is facing you at melee range.
A young wyvern (2: solidly balanced) is behind you at melee range.
A young wyvern (3: solidly balanced) is flanking you at melee range.
A young wyvern (4: very badly balanced) is behind you at melee range.

(You are also defending against a young wyvern.)

>
* Inexpertly, a young wyvern viciously lashes the side of its tail at you. You dodge, ducking in the nick of time.
> l wyv

You see a young wyvern.
It is wearing nothing!
It is carrying nothing!

>
* With pathetic timing, a young wyvern lunges foward and snaps its fangs at you. You evade, leaning just out of harm's reach.
>
* With inept movements, a young wyvern lunges foward and snaps its fangs at you. You barely block with a storm-bull targe sealed with protective wax.
> l second wyv

* Ineptly, a young wyvern lunges foward and snaps its fangs at you. You block with a storm-bull targe sealed with protective wax.
[You're nimbly balanced and overwhelming your opponent.]
>
You see a young wyvern.
It is wearing nothing!
It is carrying nothing!

> l third wyv

You see a young wyvern.
It is wearing nothing!
It is carrying nothing!

> l fourth wyv

You see a young wyvern.
The young wyvern has minor swelling and bruising around the neck compounded by cuts and bruises about the neck, a few small bruises in the left wing compounded by a mildly scuffed left wing, faint scuffing to the scaly abdomen.
There is a shadowy arsenic arrow lodged shallowly in its serpentine neck, a shadowy arsenic arrow lodged shallowly in its claw-tipped left wing.
It is wearing nothing!
It is carrying nothing!

>
The spirit of the cheetah surges through your veins!
Re: Ranged Weapon Bug/Had it happen again with only x4 critters 10/24/2019 09:48 AM CDT
Do you just “aim” or do you “aim wyvern”?

Hope not ever to see Heaven. I have come to lead you to the
other shore; into eternal darkness; into fire and into ice. —Inferno
Re: Ranged Weapon Bug/Had it happen again with only x4 critters 10/24/2019 08:50 PM CDT
prep lb 20
load arrows
targ
aim
stalk
punch
bob
cast
fire
in that order and syntax. I highlighted it so I can catch it, happens a lot. Also happens when I use Sling/Xbow as well.