Non-damaging hits no longer give xp 06/18/2019 06:32 PM CDT
This is definitely new. Is this intended and was just not announced?

< You jab a steel throwing spike at a mottled westanuryn. A mottled westanuryn attempts to dodge.
The spike lands a glancing blow to the westanuryn's left leg.
[You're incredibly balanced and overwhelming opponent.]
[Roundtime 1 sec.]
R>
RT with no EXP.

You turn to face a red-gold scaled atik'et.
< You jab a steel throwing spike at a red-gold scaled atik'et. A red-gold scaled atik'et badly fails to block with a scimitar.
The spike lands a light hit to the atik'et's right leg.
[You're adeptly balanced and have slight advantage.]
[Roundtime 1 sec.]
R>
Learned: Small Edged, Melee Mastery

Can confirm this is happening on multiple characters. Glancing, brushing, and harmless hits are not giving xp. Only light and above are actually giving xp now.
Re: Non-damaging hits no longer give xp 06/19/2019 09:46 AM CDT

Might be my bad memory, but I thought that only light hits and above have been giving experience for a good while now.

Bluefalcon
Re: Non-damaging hits no longer give xp 06/19/2019 10:20 AM CDT
>Might be my bad memory, but I thought that only light hits and above have been giving experience for a good while now.

Non-Damaging hits gave exp before the last reset. They still do for some weapons. For me pole weapon non-damaging hits are not giving exp, but large edge is working. ¯\(ツ)

~Hunter Hanryu
>Everything Rangers have is just a lame version of something cool.~Morkim
Re: Non-damaging hits no longer give xp 06/20/2019 12:48 AM CDT
You need to provide a bit more information such as your skill level in weapons that give non-damage hit experience and damage hit experience. We have the critter already from your post. In general, non-damaging hits don't grant much, if any, experience (or shouldn't). This may have been a "fix" put back in with the latest update. Your weapons skill vs. the critter caps would come into play on this as well though.

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!

Barbarian Guild Suggestions
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4L5hAxR1-VLDegDNZBIhGdo5bMgnCtm84Icm2E0utU/edit#gid=0
Re: Non-damaging hits no longer give xp 06/20/2019 06:51 AM CDT
>In general, non-damaging hits don't grant much, if any, experience (or shouldn't).

A week ago I would have said "this is absolutely not true". I had my routine set up to prefer light/grazing because they taught quite well. In fact grazing hits were some of the best training since the GMs seem to be afraid to actually make critters spawn 4/hunter/room.

~Hunter Hanryu
>Everything Rangers have is just a lame version of something cool.~Morkim
Re: Non-damaging hits no longer give xp 06/22/2019 05:52 AM CDT
What Hanryu said. I used to train exclusively with feint/jab and would get xp the same as if I were attacking all out. Something has definitely been changed behind the scenes without notice.