Crazy weapon lodging 04/21/2019 10:10 AM CDT
I submitted this as a bug, but am listing my example here for completeness sake.

> throw

< Driving in with naturally fluid movements, you throw a balanced haledroth boko at a giant mechanical mouse. A giant mechanical mouse attempts to evade, not quite escaping the blast.
The boko lands a light hit to the mouse's back.

The haledroth boko lodges itself savagely into the mechanical mouse!
[You're nimbly balanced and overwhelming opponent.]
[Roundtime 3 sec.]
Re: Crazy weapon lodging 04/21/2019 01:51 PM CDT
What's the bug?
Re: Crazy weapon lodging 04/21/2019 03:33 PM CDT
I think maybe they weren't expecting it to lodge? Or perhaps its the savage lodge from a light hit? Both look normal to me since it has a 1 in the piercing stat so lodging is going to happen unless its lobbed and I'm prett sure the damage message doesn't affect how lodged something gets unless it's actually a no damage hit like grazing in which case it wont lodge at all.
Re: Crazy weapon lodging 04/22/2019 04:10 AM CDT
>>WARDENLOCK: I submitted this as a bug, but am listing my example here for completeness sake. . . . The haledroth boko lodges itself savagely into the mechanical mouse!

Any weapon that has greater than 0 puncture damage has the potential to lodge when thrown. To avoid this, you can LOB the weapon. Lobbing does less damage than throwing, but it reduces the risk of item loss by never lodging.

Below is the appraisal for this weapon, showing that it does >0 puncture damage.

A balanced haledroth boko is a light thrown and light blunt melee-ranged weapon.
A balanced haledroth boko trains the light thrown and small blunt skills.

You are certain that it could do:
dismal puncture damage
poor slice damage
low impact damage
no fire damage
no cold damage
no electric damage

The haledroth boko is poorly designed for improving the force of your attacks.

You are certain that the boko is fairly balanced and is decently suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the haledroth boko is highly protected against damage, and is in pristine condition.

The haledroth boko is made with metal.
You are certain that the haledroth boko has a quality of 9, placing it at 'very impure' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the haledroth boko has a hardness of 96, placing it at 'absurdly hard' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the haledroth boko has a durability of 75, placing it at 'good durability' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the haledroth boko has a workability of 35, placing it at 'challenging to work with' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the haledroth boko has an electrical resistance of 15, placing it at 'an incredible conductor of electricity' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the haledroth boko has a thermal resistance of 20, placing it at 'exceptional at transferring heat and cold' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the haledroth boko has a physical resistance of 97, placing it at 'incredibly good at repelling physical blows' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the haledroth boko has a ductility of 95, placing it at 'absurdly ductile' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the haledroth boko has an enchantment capacity of 6, placing it at 'no capacity' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain the haledroth boko has a volume of 1.
You are certain that the haledroth boko weighs exactly 15 stones.
You are certain that the haledroth boko is worth exactly 625000 Kronars, 500000 Lirums, or 451000 Dokoras.

GM Cordulia
Re: Crazy weapon lodging 04/22/2019 11:15 AM CDT
Ah, I overlooked the 1/28 puncture and wasn't expecting a blunt to lodge. My mistake. Thank you for looking into it all the same.
Re: Crazy weapon lodging 04/22/2019 02:17 PM CDT

If you don't want it to lodge, lob it