Thrown weapons have VERY recently changed how they track what hand they were thrown from 01/25/2019 11:15 AM CST
Context: I've been using the same combat setup for 3 months and up until last week have not had this issue. It appeared suddenly, and has become a consistent problem. I've changed how I utilize thrown weapons in an attempt to avoid the issue, to no avail. I throw a HT weapon from the right hand and lob a LT weapon from the left hand, then retrieve the weapons one at a time and repeat the process. The problem occurs during this second stage, as the HT weapon returns to the right hand, but the act of attempting to throw it checks the left hand for a weapon and finds none. Even when specifically using the syntax THROW RIGHT, it checks the left hand.

get hhr
throw right
You pick up the hhr'ata lying at your feet.
>
< You throw a diamondique hhr'ata wrapped with thick bands of haralun at a peccary. A peccary fails to evade.
The hhr'ata lands a solid hit that temporarily knocks away the peccary's breath with a light blow to the chest.
The diamondique hhr'ata falls to the ground!
[You're solidly balanced with no advantage.]
[Roundtime 3 sec.]
R>
Learned: Heavy Thrown, Missile Mastery

R> get cuska
lob left
>
* A peccary lowers its head, tilts it to one side, and slashes its curved tusks at you. You barely block with a diamondwood shield reinforced with silversteel spikes.
[You're solidly balanced and in better position.]
>
Learned: Evasion, Shield Usage, Defending, Light Armor, Chain Armor, Brigandine, Plate Armor

Suddenly the peccary tenses, bristles on end, stands stock-still and sniffs the air.
>
You pick up the cuska lying at your feet.
>
< You lob a six-weighted cuska at a peccary. A peccary evades.
The six-weighted cuska lands nearby!
[Roundtime 1 sec.]
R>
Learned: Offhand Weapon

[life_alert]: look
get hhr
throw right
[The Altanen River, The Island]
The animal runs in the grass cross with a bewildering complexity. An occasional waving of the grass hints that something else inhabits the island. Across the channel to east, trees rise above the mist.
You also see a peccary, a peccary, a peccary and a peccary.
Obvious paths: north, west, northwest.
>
You pick up the hhr'ata lying at your feet.
>
You must hold the diamondwood shield in order to throw it.
>
* A peccary lowers its head, tilts it to one side, and slashes its curved tusks at you. You dodge.
>
Learned: Evasion, Shield Usage, Defending, Light Armor, Chain Armor, Brigandine, Plate Armor

>
You feel fully rested.
> glance

* A peccary uses its tusks like dueling blades, twisting violently at you. You evade.
[You're solidly balanced and have slight advantage.]
>

You glance down to see a diamondique hhr'ata wrapped with thick bands of haralun in your right hand and nothing in your left hand.
Re: Thrown weapons have VERY recently changed how they track what hand they were thrown from 01/25/2019 11:17 AM CST
I forgot to mention that it doesn't do this every time, sometimes it will work through 10+ iterations before occurring and sometimes it will work once and then fail.
Re: Thrown weapons have VERY recently changed how they track what hand they were thrown from 02/01/2019 07:54 AM CST
Thrown has always been a mess. I wish it would get fixed, but I have several blocks of script just to deal with weapons popping back into the wrong hand. It even messes up sometimes when I've been throwing from the left, sheath said weapon, and use WIELD RIGHT, and somehow it will -still- end up in the left hand.

~Hunter Hanryu
>Everything Rangers have is just a lame version of something cool.~Morkim