Pole weapons don't count as melee for STORE MELEE options 11/10/2018 11:20 AM CST
If a weapon is pole-ranged only (not a combo thrown/pole) it will not default to the storage location for MELEE weapons. There is no way to designate a POLE-WEAPON location for STORE.

example:
store melee in hip p
You will now store melee weapons in your hip pouch.
>
stow
The loimic scythe is too long to fit in the carryall. <- This is my default container

app scy quick

A loimic scythe enameled with reaper spiders across the upper curve of the blade is a halberd pole-ranged weapon.
A loimic scythe enameled with reaper spiders across the upper curve of the blade trains the polearm skill.

~Hunter Hanryu
>Everything Rangers have is just a lame version of something cool.~Morkim
Re: Pole weapons don't count as melee for STORE MELEE options 11/10/2018 04:33 PM CST

Just out of curiosity, is it considered a ranged weapon or neither ranged nor melee?
Re: Pole weapons don't count as melee for STORE MELEE options 11/11/2018 07:23 AM CST
>Just out of curiosity, is it considered a ranged weapon or neither ranged nor melee?

It's pole-ranged which just isn't an option that has been added to the list of STORE options. I hope it's an easy fix since the category of weapon exists.

~Hunter Hanryu
Re: Pole weapons don't count as melee for STORE MELEE options 11/11/2018 09:34 AM CST
I would love a few more custom options, also. For scripting it doesn't matter, but when you're actually typing commands it's such a huge QOL thing.
Re: Pole weapons don't count as melee for STORE MELEE options 11/11/2018 12:13 PM CST
I believe Kodius at one point said we can't add more stow options. I think it was a system limitation? Though I might be misremembering him.

Honestly I'd be fine getting rid of shield (or making it armor), and lockpick/herb/skins can probably be re-purposed too.
Re: Pole weapons don't count as melee for STORE MELEE options 11/11/2018 01:14 PM CST
Stow is a thing that does a few levels of mathing every time you use it.

To add or subtract anything from it would, I believe, require onsite support and maybe some form of game-engine redesign.

Not saying it could never be a thing, but it is not something we can just easily poke at and make changes.

Iocanthe
Doing stuff
Re: Pole weapons don't count as melee for STORE MELEE options 11/11/2018 02:36 PM CST
>Not saying it could never be a thing, but it is not something we can just easily poke at and make changes.

What about changing pole-ranged weapons then? Could they get double-tagged like thrown weapons usually are?

A loimic scythe enameled with reaper spiders across the upper curve of the blade is a halberd melee-ranged and halberd pole-ranged weapon.

~Hunter Hanryu
Re: Pole weapons don't count as melee for STORE MELEE options 11/11/2018 07:15 PM CST
I appreciate the info, but I feel like we need to be hiring or recruiting people that can make things like this possible.
Re: Pole weapons don't count as melee for STORE MELEE options 11/11/2018 08:08 PM CST
It may be me being cynical, but I don't think we're going to get GM staff hired to do on-sight support for this type of thing.
Re: Pole weapons don't count as melee for STORE MELEE options 11/11/2018 09:40 PM CST
Yeah, the stuff that happens in the machine guts is handled by onsite - and they're really good at what they do - and they keep us up and running a scary amount of time, mostly. They've been toying with some stuff that will make some other stuff work better (NDA goes here) - but they're also working with every script that touches every other script, some of which were documented in the old days where documentation was pretty much "This is my name, and this is my script. Ask me if you need more help." written by someone who hasn't been on staff since 1998...

Which is, yeah, not the answer you want, and not even the answer I'd like to be able to give, but it is the thing.

Iocanthe
Doing stuff
Re: Pole weapons don't count as melee for STORE MELEE options 11/15/2018 08:43 PM CST
If you are using a script, which I do in this case, you can do a work around (I know it sucks but workarounds are not limited to this situation). Set your default container to where you want your pole ranged to go when you stow it then, at the end before the matchwait, change the default container back to the real one you want. It's not optimal, but it will at least keep you moving forward.

If you already do this, then this is for others that don't.

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!

Barbarian Guild Suggestions
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4L5hAxR1-VLDegDNZBIhGdo5bMgnCtm84Icm2E0utU/edit#gid=0
Re: Pole weapons don't count as melee for STORE MELEE options 11/18/2018 06:53 PM CST
Related, it would be really cool if stow x in my bag didn't change the default store container from my backpack. That would be so so helpful.
Re: Pole weapons don't count as melee for STORE MELEE options 11/19/2018 03:38 PM CST
I investigated this a little bit the other night, but wasn’t able to reproduce it with the loimic scythe and a couple random bags. It might have something to do with the hip pouch. Is this the hip pouch from Corn Maze that can hold any 10 items?

Javac
That one guy

If you have questions or comments in regard to this post please email me at DR-JAVAC@play.net.
Re: Pole weapons don't count as melee for STORE MELEE options 11/19/2018 06:54 PM CST
Does it take the first weapon skill for stow? Or perhaps it's the corn maze hip pouch? My melee ranged Allarh and Throwing Club both go into my ranged storage instead of Melee but Heavy Thrown and Light Thrown, respectively, are listed first in the App before Polearm and Light Blunt.
Re: Pole weapons don't count as melee for STORE MELEE options 11/19/2018 07:38 PM CST
>Is this the hip pouch from Corn Maze that can hold any 10 items?

It is! I have never had any container that can hold a pole weapon before.

~Hunter Hanryu
Re: Pole weapons don't count as melee for STORE MELEE options 11/20/2018 09:53 AM CST
I’ll look into it more when I get home from the other job. Is the hip pouch full by any chance? Do WIELD/SHEATH work with the hip pouch?

Javac
That one guy

If you have questions or comments in regard to this post please email me at DR-JAVAC@play.net.
Re: Pole weapons don't count as melee for STORE MELEE options 11/20/2018 10:57 AM CST

For what it's worth, this works for me.

> wield pike
You draw out your goldwood pike from the hip pouch, gripping it firmly in your right hand and balancing with your left.

> store melee in hip pouch

> stow
You put your pike in your hip pouch.

> wield pike
You draw out your goldwood pike from the hip pouch, gripping it firmly in your right hand and balancing with your left.

> sheath
You sheathe the goldwood pike in your hip pouch.

> get pike
You get a goldwood pike tipped in carved zeltfish bone from inside your hip pouch.

> stow
You put your pike in your hip pouch.
Re: Pole weapons don't count as melee for STORE MELEE options 11/21/2018 03:48 PM CST
>Do WIELD/SHEATH work with the hip pouch?

wield scy
You draw out your loimic scythe from the hip pouch, gripping it firmly in your right hand and balancing with your left.

she
You sheathe the loimic scythe in your hip pouch.

> stow
>You put your pike in your hip pouch.

Is the pike melee range? Is it also a thrown weapon? (listed under app)

~Hunter Hanryu
Re: Pole weapons don't count as melee for STORE MELEE options 11/21/2018 03:53 PM CST

> app pike

A goldwood pike tipped in carved zeltfish bone is a pike pole-ranged weapon.
A goldwood pike tipped in carved zeltfish bone trains the polearm skill.
Re: Pole weapons don't count as melee for STORE MELEE options 11/21/2018 11:23 PM CST
I still couldn't reproduce this issue. I grabbed a loimic scythe and a hip pouch and was able to stow it correctly.

Javac
That one guy

Re: Pole weapons don't count as melee for STORE MELEE options 11/21/2018 11:40 PM CST
Ilglaiks skefne:

Prior to trying I made sure my carryall was the default:

> store default carryall
You will now use your multi-strapped carryall to store any items you haven't categorized.

> store melee in hip p
>
Pulsed: Stealth, First Aid

> wield skefne

You draw out your ilglaiks skefne from the faeweave baldric, gripping it firmly in your right hand and balancing with your left.
> stow

You put your skefne in your hip pouch.

An ilglaiks skefne (long spear) tipped with a gleaming green stone sharpened to a razor edge is a pike pole-ranged weapon.
An ilglaiks skefne (long spear) tipped with a gleaming green stone sharpened to a razor edge trains the polearm skill.
Re: Pole weapons don't count as melee for STORE MELEE options 11/22/2018 06:32 AM CST
I cleared all my store locations and reset them, and TADA! Sorry to send y'all on a wild goose chase. I should have thought about the "unplug it and plug it back in method" before posting!

~Hunter Hanryu
Re: Pole weapons don't count as melee for STORE MELEE options 11/22/2018 08:04 AM CST
Still a fairly strange quirk!