Lob error. 07/30/2018 04:00 PM CDT

This has happened pretty often, and I worked around it, but I figured I'd post since it's got to be some kind of bug. After picking up the weapon I JUST lobbed, in this case my forged greatsword, >lob thinks I'm trying to throw my worn targe, instead of the weapon literally in my hand. Has happened at least half a dozen times just in the last couple days, but first noticed it over a month ago. Log for discovery purposes:

> lob

>
* Tentatively, a hulking Xala'shar thrall feints to the side at you. You evade, moving cleanly out of the way.
[You're adeptly balanced and in dominating position.]
>
< You lob a haralun greatsword at a hulking Xala'shar thrall. A hulking Xala'shar thrall barely blocks with its heavily scarred arm.
The greatsword lands nearby!
[You're winded, adeptly balanced and in dominating position.]
[Roundtime 2 sec.]
R>
A hulking Xala'shar magus slowly shuffles into view, muttering softly to itself.

>
* Looking as if this were a bad idea, a hulking Xala'shar thrall feints high at you. You block with a serpentine-hide targe with a reinforced design.
[You're adeptly balanced and in better position.]

> get greatsword

You pick up the greatsword lying at your feet.
> punch left

You feel fully rested.

>
< Driving in like an unbeatable force, you punch your rope handwrap at a hulking Xala'shar thrall. A hulking Xala'shar thrall badly fails to block with a rusted dagger.
The handwrap lands a hard hit (5/22) that doubles the thrall's right leg over backwards with a direct hit to the right knee.
The Xala'shar thrall gasps, "No!" before tumbling to the ground with a muttered curse.
[You're winded, adeptly balanced and overwhelming opponent.]
[Roundtime 1 sec.]

> lob
You must hold the targe in order to lob it.

Trimmed some of the messaging of Xala'shar chatting it up. They're talky and it makes for messy logs. Yes, there were multiple other targets engaged to be at the time, usually >lob will turn to face the next available target. Not sure if it's an engagement system error causing it to happen, or a problem with lob itself.
Re: Lob error. 07/31/2018 08:42 PM CDT
First, why are you using "punch left"? Brawling does not use left hand ever. https://elanthipedia.play.net/Offhand_Weapon_skill#Resolved_bugs

Second, after testing with removing the "left" see if that fixes things. If not, then change your "lob" to "lob right". Should be an easy fix.

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!

Barbarian Guild Suggestions
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4L5hAxR1-VLDegDNZBIhGdo5bMgnCtm84Icm2E0utU/edit#gid=0
Re: Lob error. 07/31/2018 10:14 PM CDT

>>First, why are you using "punch left"? Brawling does not use left hand ever.

Because at the time I wasn't sure I could punch with a full hand, and better safe than sorry. It worked, so I never bothered changing it.

>>Lob right comment

Like I said, I found a work-around, and I could >lob right, yes. The thing is, though, it works as it should most of the time, except for those breaks, which are clearly either a parsing error in the engagement system itself, or something specific with the lob command. Not pointing it out because I need it fixed, pointing it out in case the bug causes other problems down the road, elsewhere, as bugs tend to do.
Re: Lob error. 08/01/2018 11:38 AM CDT
I think lob defaults to the hand you last attacked with.
Re: Lob error. 08/01/2018 11:53 AM CDT

>>I think lob defaults to the hand you last attacked with.

100% no. As Rhadyn (I think?) pointed out, punch left is just a punch, you cannot punch with your offhand. On top of that, I have used just >lob after >punch left thousands of times. It only seems to have an issue when a mob dies and you're not facing something. It's a bug, either in lob or in the engagement system. Not looking for clarity, just pointing it out in case it impacts other things down the road.
Re: Lob error. 08/02/2018 01:47 PM CDT
I just re-read the thread and did some testing of my own. That looks like an odd bug - I was not able to reproduce it, even with punching left and lobbing a greatsword.
Re: Lob error. 08/25/2018 08:49 AM CDT
I can recreate a similar 'bug' - if you throw left with an empty left hand, it'll default to your armworn shield. No idea how it happened on a regular throw when you picked up a greatsword. Unless you were missing a right hand?