Polearm range and Tactic Combo 09/12/2017 10:51 PM CDT
It seems attacks from polearm range where you charge (7 sec RT), do not count towards your tactics combo.
Re: Polearm range and Tactic Combo 09/13/2017 12:05 PM CDT
Retreat once (to stop advancing), which prevents the Charge, and should solve your issue.

Samsaren
Re: Polearm range and Tactic Combo 09/13/2017 10:40 PM CDT
There are multiple workarounds, I'm just reporting the bug.
Re: Polearm range and Tactic Combo 09/14/2017 07:32 AM CDT
That's not a bug. Charging is a separate attack from the command you entered. Any attack while advancing from pole to melee will 'charge' instead of performing the entered command.

>jab
< Moving with amazing force and guile, you charge a steel nightstick at a golden jackal. A golden jackal fails to evade, failing miserably. The nightstick lands a heavy strike (7/23) to the jackal's left arm.
[You're winded, solidly balanced with no advantage.]
[Roundtime 7 sec.]

To my knowledge charge doesn't show up on tactics combos, so it wouldn't count towards anything.
Re: Polearm range and Tactic Combo 09/14/2017 08:54 AM CDT
> Charging is a separate attack from the command you entered. Any attack while advancing from pole to melee will 'charge' instead of performing the entered command.

I would counter that this is a bug. If I wanted to charge with my pole arm, I would type charge.

~Hunter Hanryu
"Even adjusting the pace for Simu-Soon timescales, there is no way Mech Lore is still trainable in 2014 imo" - Apu(2013)
Re: Polearm range and Tactic Combo 09/14/2017 09:08 AM CDT
>>I would counter that this is a bug. If I wanted to charge with my pole arm, I would type charge.

It's behaving as intended, but it is a poorly thought through 'feature' imo. I would much prefer a separate charge command to the current setup.
Re: Polearm range and Tactic Combo 09/14/2017 10:18 AM CDT
>>I would counter that this is a bug. If I wanted to charge with my pole arm, I would type charge.

IMO, it's less a bug and more a "this is working as intended, but it should clearly be adjusted if possible".

I agree completely that there should be some way for pole range users to advance/stop at pole automatically, not charge if they don't want to, etc.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Polearm range and Tactic Combo 09/14/2017 03:25 PM CDT
Yep, what she said. Not a bug, but charge command would be nice instead of just an automatic charge while advancing.

I foresee online gaming changing when there are good audio-visual links connecting the participants, thus approximating play in a face-to-face group. Gary Gygax
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/search_results.html?q=Gamin
Re: Polearm range and Tactic Combo 09/14/2017 03:46 PM CDT
>>Yep, what she said. Not a bug, but charge command would be nice instead of just an automatic charge while advancing.

Maybe even a toggle. I know I sometimes end up charging because I don't realize I'm still at pole range and advancing with a small edged or something.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Polearm range and Tactic Combo 09/14/2017 11:47 PM CDT

>Maybe even a toggle.

That would be awesome! I've always hated how it made you charge, I'd rather get the not at melee messaging than to just charge if I put in my slice (or whatever) command a second too early. Kodius! Make this happen! :D
Re: Polearm range and Tactic Combo 09/15/2017 01:18 PM CDT
Interestingly enough, I recall a few years back this issue came up with the combat re-write for DR2(?), and the popular opinion was to maintain the ability to charge instead of having it removed. A Toggle was talked about, but deemed unfeasible. Something to bear in mind.

If it comes down to an either/or, I'd prefer Charging and having the ability to stop advancing and attacking, over never being able to charge with a pole weapon.

Samsaren