Foot slot and a lost glaes forging hammer 05/22/2017 11:39 AM CDT
My understanding is that any item that you throw should end up at your feet. This did not happen with my glaes forging hammer, and my script in TF didn't realize I threw it. See below.

(holding a throwing axe in my left hand, due to a bug in my script)
>[fynnew]: lob

< Moving in with powerful grace, you lob a ruby glaes forging hammer at a quartz gargoyle. A quartz gargoyle attempts to dodge, avoiding most of the blow.
The hammer lands a grazing blow to the gargoyle's right leg.
The forging hammer falls to the ground!
[You're solidly balanced with no advantage.]
[Roundtime 3 sec.]

(cue script stalling for quite some time because I'm already holding my throwing axe in my hand, but I can't throw using command 'lob' because my right hand is empty)
At this point I disco, and when I reconnect:

[04:37] Connection closed.
[06:00] Connected to eaccess.play.net.
[06:00] Connection closed.
[06:00] Connected to dr.simutronics.net.
look
Please wait for validation.Please wait for validation.Please wait for connection to game server.
Welcome to DragonRealms: The Fallen (R) v2.00
Copyright 2017 Simutronics Corp.
All Rights Reserved

You take a moment to become adjusted to your surroundings.
Roundtime: 3 seconds.

Last login : Friday, May 19, 2017 at 08:15:00
Logoff : Monday, May 22, 2017 at 05:37:01

[Talas Sagamat, Northern Tunnel]
The shattered remains of a stone barricade fill the cave with chunks of rubble. While many of the stones are barely more than a fine-grained sand, others are as large as a sturdy Dwarf. Viciously deep claw marks line the cave's walls on either side of the barricade, leaving little doubt that the structure failed its purpose -- either holding something as prisoner or keeping outside forces from something believed to be well-protected.
Obvious exits: north, south.

!>[automapper]: south
You stroll south.

[Talas Sagamat, Northern Tunnel]
A strong breeze sweeps down the tunnel, carrying with it the strong smells of the ocean and smoldering fires from the beaches. The light from outside pierces the darkness just enough to provide a dim, grey illumination to the relatively smooth sandstone walls. A small scene has been carved into one section of the wall, meticulously depicting a battle between humanoids and a many-armed creature. The final image, presumably the outcome, remains unfinished.
You also see a pile of shattered bones.
Obvious exits: north.

So, I never got the message that the hammer is at my feet. Is that a bug, or can the janitor grab foot slot items if you log? (This is in TF, character name is Fynmenger.)
Re: Foot slot and a lost glaes forging hammer 05/22/2017 11:41 AM CDT

Does it work for any item? I know if you throw a weapon that's not blessed at an incorporeal creature it doesn't go to the foot slot, instead falling to the general room slot.
Re: Foot slot and a lost glaes forging hammer 05/22/2017 02:13 PM CDT
I've accidentally logged out a few times with a thrown weapon at feet and it was there when I logged back in. Maybe it was because disconnected vs. typed QUIT?

You can also try to check the carousel square lost and found and maybe get lucky. Hope it works out for you.

You slap Voldag hard in the face with your hand, making a nice crisp smack!! That's going to leave a mark!
Re: Foot slot and a lost glaes forging hammer 05/22/2017 02:18 PM CDT
I'm pretty sure it has to actually be flagged as a weapon to land in the feet slot. Throwing a rock doesn't put it there either.

But if the hammer was registered it should show up in the lost and found box in the carousel, assuming it works the same in TF as it does in Prime and Plat and nobody picked it up.
Re: Foot slot and a lost glaes forging hammer 05/23/2017 08:49 AM CDT
Ah, I didn't realize the foot slot was for weapons only. Odd, but good to know.

I also didn't realize registration was automatic janitor protection. I thought you had to assist to get the item back, so I never registered anything since you can't assist in TF. Now I need to go register my entire inventory!

The more you know...
Re: Foot slot and a lost glaes forging hammer 05/23/2017 08:53 AM CDT
> I also didn't realize registration was automatic janitor protection. I thought you had to assist to get the item back, so I never registered anything since you can't assist in TF. Now I need to go register my entire inventory!

It's automatic partial janitor protection. The janitor is several independent processes, only some of which will respect registration.
Re: Foot slot and a lost glaes forging hammer 05/23/2017 12:05 PM CDT

> Ah, I didn't realize the foot slot was for weapons only. Odd, but good to know.

It's not. Try "lower backpack to the ground"

> I also didn't realize registration was automatic janitor protection.

It's not. You can still lose an item that you have registered to you. It just makes it more likely to be saved.
Re: Foot slot and a lost glaes forging hammer 05/23/2017 11:13 PM CDT
>> Ah, I didn't realize the foot slot was for weapons only. Odd, but good to know.

>It's not. Try "lower backpack to the ground"

Thrown items only go to your foot slot if they're weapons, apparently. That's what I didn't know. Very easy to test, I just never considered it before:

I>lob

You turn to face a musk hog.
You fade into view!
< Moving with amazing force and guile, you lob a bone wood shaper at a musk hog. A musk hog attempts to dodge, taking the full blow.
The shaper lands a gentle hit to the hog's chest.
The wood shaper falls to the ground!
[You're winded, solidly balanced with no advantage.]
[Roundtime 2 sec.]

>w
You lurch west.

[Grassland Road, Farmlands]
The whooshing sound of the sickle meets your ears as you pass by a group of farmers moving through the wheat cutting stalks. A group of binders follows them, gathering the stalks and tying them into sheaves ready to be taken to the village to dry.
You also see a musk hog.
Obvious paths: east, northwest.

So view this as a PSA.

>> I also didn't realize registration was automatic janitor protection.

>It's not. You can still lose an item that you have registered to you. It just makes it more likely to be saved.

Just to be clear, I meant that I didn't realize that the process was automated. I didn't mean automatic as in 100%. Very good to know.

Anyway, thanks everyone for the info.