More grapple bugs 03/29/2017 05:36 PM CDT
It seems that if one character highly outclasses the other, then kneeling, falling, or standing while grappled are impossible for the bigger character but work every time for the outclassed character. My circle 40 empath can manhandle circle 150+ chars while grappled but they cant budge her. The GRAPPLE verb itself and shoving or retreating out of grapple seems to be working correctly, however.
Re: More grapple bugs 04/14/2017 04:55 AM CDT
Here are some numbers:

Empath:

Tactics: 110 75.19%
Defending: 88 43.21%

Larger Char:

Tactics: 861 74.11%
Defending: 1299 92.76%

The Empath seems to have around 90 percent success with these moves while the larger char has close to zero against her. I've tested with characters much closer in skill and while success rates were comparable between these characters, the advantage still seemed to go to the outclassed one. So the contests for these moves seems backwards? Could this get a look? Also, the issue seems to be only for PvP not PvE.
Re: More grapple bugs 04/14/2017 11:49 AM CDT
Seconded.

Monster Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.
Re: More grapple bugs 04/16/2017 12:06 AM CDT
I've updated grappling to use the same to-hit rolls used elsewhere in combat. It used to be a hard yes/no based on ranks, and was often buggy. Please let me know if this helps with the issue.

Thanks!

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: More grapple bugs 04/16/2017 07:25 PM CDT

Seems much better now Kodius, thanks!!