Breaking a neck 01/24/2021 01:29 AM CST

I have a question. When it comes to brawling, why can't we all choke out a critter and break its neck? I know its a barbarian "feature", but why not with enough strength and ranks in brawling can't just anyone choke out a critter and or break its neck? I would think it should be possible? I dont know, maybe make it a 200 ranks in brawling and like 35 ranks in strength? Thoughts? Ideas?

~Dalkin/Jim
Re: Breaking a neck 01/24/2021 02:31 AM CST
It's fun but pretty worthless given how much time it takes, I'd consider it something like a Barbarian cantrip. I wouldn't object to seeing everyone have it, particularly if Barbs could get a special brawling maneuver or two that has some actual functionality.
Re: Breaking a neck 01/25/2021 03:13 PM CST
I choked a void-black umbral moth in this state eight times for 15 second RT for each "choke"

You see a void-black umbral moth.
The void-black moth has tiny scratches to the upper thorax, a severely swollen and deeply bruised right arm with bones protruding out from the skin compounded by a shattered right arm with gaping wounds, minor swelling and bruising around the left arm compounded by cuts and bruises about the left arm, minor swelling and bruising around the left leg compounded by deep cuts across the left leg, minor swelling and bruising in the abdomen compounded by deep cuts across the abdomen, faint scuffing to the lower thorax.
There is an ice-adder arrow lodged shallowly in its right front leg, an ice-adder arrow buried completely into its abdomen, an ice-adder arrow lodged shallowly in its right front leg, an ice-adder arrow lodged shallowly in its left back leg.
The void-black moth is bleeding slightly from the left back leg, with widespread discoloration in the right front leg, unbelievably from the right front leg and from the abdomen.
It is wearing nothing!
It is carrying nothing!

No neck breakage or damage done enough to kill it. I gave up after two minutes of RT.

I believe I read somewhere that the neck breakage was removed so wanted to test it out for myself. Also, heard choking is a moot attack now in either PVE or PVP.

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!

Barbarian Guild Suggestions
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4L5hAxR1-VLDegDNZBIhGdo5bMgnCtm84Icm2E0utU/edit#gid=0
Re: Breaking a neck 01/25/2021 03:18 PM CST
FYI ~1600 brawling and 135 strength

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4L5hAxR1-VLDegDNZBIhGdo5bMgnCtm84Icm2E0utU/edit#gid=0
Re: Breaking a neck 01/25/2021 03:44 PM CST
It's still possible to do, but it's not possible to do it against equivalent creatures in 3.0. It was vaguely doable in 2.0. It's primarily strength but not an SVS, is my guess, so it doesn't scale up to moths. You could go try it on something weaker, though.
Re: Breaking a neck 01/25/2021 04:25 PM CST
Silly question, but does a critter need a "neck" in order for the system to properly "choke" it? Wondering if it's just a wonky aspect of a wonky command in a wonky brawling system.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Breaking a neck 01/25/2021 10:28 PM CST
>Silly question, but does a critter need a "neck" in order for the system to properly "choke" it?

No, I've choked out lipopods.
Re: Breaking a neck 01/26/2021 04:48 PM CST
Good to know... third "choke" with 8 sec RT each:

With a loud CRACK! you snap the a black ape's neck and toss it aside.
A black ape lets out a final grunt and collapses to the ground.
Roundtime: 8 sec.

Fun times.