Elbow to the toe 08/14/2011 09:02 PM CDT
While
>The elbow lands a good strike that temporarily knocks away the warcat's breath with a light blow to the chest.
makes sense, at least to me.

>The elbow lands a solid hit that thumps painfully on the toes of the left foot.
makes no sense at all. This move was not rolling around on the ground, this is elbow, shove, circle, weave.

I doubt there is anything that can be done about this. It just looks odd.

You do an incredible backflip with a beautiful twist rotation, gaining nearly five feet of air and landing neatly on your feet without so much as a wobble!
Re: Elbow to the toe 08/14/2011 09:28 PM CDT
>The elbow lands a good strike that temporarily knocks away the warcat's breath with a light blow to the chest.

On a four legged creature, to 'elbow the chest' you would either need to be on the ground, or the creature would need to be on its back. Unless the creature stands shoulder height to a person, I suppose, which is not the impression I get with firecats.

So...it doesn't make any more/less sense than doing an elbow drop on the foot.

Please remember: just because a post is 'new to you' doesn't mean we have any idea what you're responding to. Quotes is your friend.
Re: Elbow to the toe 08/14/2011 09:32 PM CDT
Yeah, I wish certain maneuvers gravitated to hitting upper body/lower body more based more off of logic. Obviously a jab is probably not going to hit and sever someone's right leg, and yet it happens :P

~Leilond
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Leilond
http://soundsoftime.bravehost.com
Re: Elbow to the toe 08/14/2011 10:26 PM CDT
I just picture my character throwing flying elbows. In fact, if you add "flying" to all of your moves it begins to make more sense.
Re: Elbow to the toe 08/14/2011 11:43 PM CDT
As far as the elbow to the chest on smaller creature, well, they could be jumping and it would still hurt. Toe hits only make sense on the ground. Just saying.

You do an incredible backflip with a beautiful twist rotation, gaining nearly five feet of air and landing neatly on your feet without so much as a wobble!
Re: Elbow to the toe 08/16/2011 05:52 PM CDT
Obviously the warcat was leaping at you, swiping its claws to rip your face off, and you countered that with an awesome elbow that knocked into his paw and smashed his toes. He probably even lost a bit of balance after that.

I've got it all worked out on a flowchart around here somewhere...
Re: Elbow to the toe 08/17/2011 11:48 AM CDT
I always imagined that elbowing was lumped with the forearm strike so a lower sweeping motion is feasible; Similar to muay thai. You can't be running around doing "the people's elbow" on everything.