Bone efficacy 07/03/2012 07:36 AM CDT
Ok, I've been using bone armor for about 100 ranks so far, and now that I'm up in Gargs I'm realizing how hideous the protection really is (of course, many of their attacks are impact).

My question is, have we been promised that bone armor is going to get much better once it's craftable?

I'm thinking of switching over to HP as I don't use stealth anyways, but I wanted to check and see if maybe there's light at the end of the bone tunnel.

-Qypp
Re: Bone efficacy 07/03/2012 07:50 AM CDT
I'm not sure where bone armor will fall in the Light armor skill, but if how well cloth armor was improved is any indication then there is some hope once it is able to be crafted. At the least I think the protection will be evened out across the damage types.
Re: Bone efficacy 07/03/2012 07:59 AM CDT
I feel for you, as I have my MM nomad outfitted in the nice-looking, but crappy protection bone armor sold at guildfest. I'm hoping once they have craftable bone armor out, they'll replace the crappy protection stuff with identical-looking stuff like they did with the tezirite room sold cloth armor <which I did replace for my tezirite. <these were both sold in the sectual Moon Mage pavilion at guildfest>.

As both types of armor are good for stealth-using Moonmages, that's primarily why I chose to outfit them in such and not in heavier types of armor. Although I do intend for my Nomad to take up bone-armor making once its craftable, for him, enchanting will be his career choice.

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: Bone efficacy 07/03/2012 08:18 AM CDT
The bone breastplate from the tower quest is pretty nice.

Moderate (8/16) (Minor (5/16) for stealth)
High (7/15) protection and High (9/18) damage absorption for puncture attacks.
Great (9/15) protection and High (9/18) damage absorption for slice attacks.
Good (5/15) protection and High (9/18) damage absorption for impact attacks.
Low (2/15) protection and Moderate (6/18) damage absorption for fire attacks.
Low (2/15) protection and Moderate (6/18) damage absorption for cold attacks.
Moderate (4/15) protection and Moderate (6/18) damage absorption for electrical attacks.
Re: Bone efficacy 07/03/2012 12:46 PM CDT
Bone armor will likely offer a few options...

1). Leather armor protection, bonus to slice. Higher Hindrance/Weight than Leather.

2). Cloth armor protection, bonus to slice. Higher Hindrance/Weight than Cloth.

This makes bone kind of a floater in the Light Armor Category, filling in some of the gaps...

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Bone efficacy 07/03/2012 02:57 PM CDT
Sounds good to me.

I wouldn't even mind dropping a bit of money on some good bone armor in the meantime if you guys can release some that isn't so horribly balanced.

Maybe update the premium bone armor? You'd make my pint sized battle Empath ecstatic.
Re: Bone efficacy 07/04/2012 08:21 AM CDT
<update the premium bone armor? >

now, if only the shop didn't rotate. if it was in fang cove all the time, would be great!

---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius