Arena 03/08/2007 08:26 PM CST
Hey Alvy,

Has the arena you were going to work on been pushed back off the list? Haven't heard word for quite awhile and just looking for an update. Thanks.

Player of Pormithius
Re: Arena 05/17/2007 12:26 PM CDT
I just wanted to bump this and see if there were still plans to put together an SCC-like arena with slightly different mechanics. The latest combat changes have, for the first time that I remember, made it so that tourneys can happen with almost no rules. We've had a lot of fun since then but because AOE is generally allowable now, the cemetary is a tough spot because spectators still camp in rooms. More than ever it'd be awesome to have a multiple room arena in a central area (Crossing) that allows us to bring in our own gear. Please tell me this is still on a list of things to do?
Mage Arena 05/26/2007 08:41 AM CDT
Any updates or plans or thoughts there in?
Re: :Nudge: Mage Arena 05/26/2007 09:14 PM CDT
Please keep the posts constructive. That is all.

Questions and/or comments can be sent to MOD-Hagbar@play.net, Senior Board Moderator Annwyl at DR-Annwyl@play.net or Board Supervisor Cecco at DR-Cecco@play.net.
Arena 10/21/2008 11:14 PM CDT
So being a resident of Aesry, curious if somebody could possible make it so that the arena in the city is functional.
Arena System 07/12/2010 12:00 AM CDT
I am not sure where to present this idea so here it is. Pardon my ignorence Wordan.

My thoughts begin in the wilds where Rangers and Barbarians can utalize live-catch traps to collect beasts from the field. I'd expect this to be an arduas and lengthy task no matter the difficulty of the creature type. The catch would then be sold, via Trader, to the Arena where anyone may purchase a beast to meet in the arena for sport. Traders can travel abroad and collect distant and rare specimens that would be caravaned to the Arena for sale.
The benifits to the Arena are obvious. It stands presently as mostly an unused building but would become a place where many would want to gather during exibitions and the training possabilities are another entire train of thought. Empaths and clerics would benifit from the less worthy. Highlighted events could be displayed on the calander. I'd pay good kronar to see Magdar face 3 adult armidillos.
The arena already has portacullis's, let's use em.
Xixist
Re: Arena System 07/12/2010 08:31 AM CDT
Fantastic suggestion. It would give young players the chance to see something without danger of dying instantly.
Re: Arena System 07/12/2010 12:48 PM CDT
I feel this proposal has a lot of potential and merit.

-Armifer says consequences are how we honor evil roleplaying.
-Abasha says, "Personally, I love supporting evil characters, but not if they can't take their lumps too.
-Quarel says, "Not me I hit you because I like to hit."
Re: Arena System 07/15/2010 11:41 PM CDT
Don't have much to add to the idea...other than the traps that should be use could be a great addition to tinkering or a great use for poisons.
Re: Arena System 07/16/2010 06:34 AM CDT
I like this idea a lot.

The Arenas could really use some attention.

There's a fairly specific list of reasons most of us don't use them, but beyond that, having something like this would be a lot of fun. Especially if there was wagering.

-pete