The Meeting That Wasn't 08/16/2001 09:06 PM CDT
G'day,

Well, since it is now almost 10:00pm EDT and we still have not come back, I guess we will reschedule our Guild Meeting for another time.

Let me go over briefly what I had on my agenda for tonight:

Recent Changes/Releases: I'm not sure if everyone is aware of this or not, though it was announced at a social a couple of weeks ago. There has been a change to Trader ledgers, mainly a new verb has been added, STUDY. Using this will give you a chance to determine how much you have made/lost in both contract and commodities trading. These numbers can be negative, even contracts. The positive or negative of the number doesn't really affect anything other than the number itself, so don't worry if it shows a negative as it doesn't hurt anything. STUDYing the ledger does a couple other things for you, but those you'll have to figure out on your own.

Aesry Surlaenis'a Trader Guild: As most of you know, we released the Surlaenis Trader Guild yesterday, opening it to the general public, though folks who were at the social on Tuesday got a sneak preview of most of it. There are still areas that are not opened yet, like the shipping office, but those are waiting for their own release time. There is also a fish buyer who will buy fish from you, and will teach a bit of Trading in the process. If you think of the fish buyer as being akin to Mags in the Crossing, you'll be in the ballpark as to what you can learn. Also, not all fish are created equal, so different fish will pay and teach different amounts. Major kudos should go to GM Equity for the Surlaenis Guild. This was primarily her project, I just did the coding for the restaurant.

Ok, the thing that no one knows about that I was gonna announce: How many of you know about/remember the Fornsted Outpost that kind of appeared about a year ago, but never opened for business? Well, if you don't know where it is, and you trade in Therengia, you might want to do some exploring because at some point tomorrow that outpost will be opening for business. This can be a fairly risky place to get to, though I only died once in testing, but the rewards are pretty decent I think.

That is all the things I had to talk about tonight, so I'm not sure as we need to reschedule a formal meeting for me to repeat it. However, if anyone has questions for me, I will be at the social on Tuesday, so feel free to stop by and ask them there.

Take care,

Godrich de'Finchal