Update... 11/11/1999 11:56 AM CST
Holding off on the disarm/lockpick changes till about 5 or 6pm. I want to be able to monitor it very close and can't cause...I just woke up ::duck::

GM Royce
Update.... 11/30/1999 10:45 AM CST
The ability taught at 40th....lets call it "Tums" on the boards....Has been fixed.

My thanks to Soim for helping to track that bugger down. And to the rest of you who pointed it out.

GM Royce
Update..... 12/05/1999 12:30 PM CST
That's right....pigs now fly and Hades has frozen over!

Critter searching has been fixed. When I mentioned it to GM Veyl, He dug into it and found the reason why...No matter how good you are....Goblins and other critters would find you without fail.

This....has been fixed at long last. This fix does NOT apply to all critters, But it does apply to most of them.

Now, go backstab critters like you were meant to.......in style! And give some thanks to GM Veyl. ;)

GM Royce
Update..... 05/03/2000 12:45 PM CDT
A portion of backstab has been updated a tad....

Those thugs that nail ya for doing the skill in public against non-thieves has been tweaked to be more.....fair.

Basicly, if you have a good standing in the guild when you do use the attack and it really isn't THAT crowded...they'll let ya slide.

You can still bite the big kahuna though if your standing in the guild stinks or if there are too many witnesses.

In a nutshell, it's now based off yer bonus and not some random number.

GM Royce
Update.... 07/03/2000 03:50 PM CDT
A few changed went live today with STEALING.

As most of you know who went to the convention. GUARD was either a "YOU STOP THEM TOTALY" or nothing at all. That has been adjusted somewhat. If you do get by the guard, your skill still takes a hit basicly for trying to dodge this person.

Also....If this guard happens to be WATCHing the wrong person...you have a bonus to getting around him. (This is new)

Same thing now applies to the target itself. if the target happens to be WATCHing someone or something and not watching you. You get a bonus to getting in and a bonus to not getting caught. (This is also new)

Also, something has been added for traders in there. I'll not say what you'll all sort that out soon enough. With that trader addition went another tweak.

Most of you didnt know that the "You're taking a big risk!" message is thief only. Only thieves get that. The problem with it was that....well, when ya get it, ya almost 100% of the time got caught. That has been tweaked some now. You'll get that message a little sooner then you use to. You might still get caught when ya first see it but not NEARLY as much as ya use to. Lower level thieves will get it almost 24/7 now. So get use to it till ya grow some and gain in skills. I'll monitor it to see if it needs tweaked some.

And yes....I'm back ;)

GM Royce