Where's the sunblock!? 02/25/2002 07:18 PM CST
<glances around - flinches at the sunlight>

Greetings everyone - your trusty dusty complaints pal here to listen in on your thoughts, ideals, and comments about the recent changes.

As always - since a few seem to forget this every go round - we are observing and watching as things go, and will make adjustments as needed. If you see something way out of whack - and I trust the bulk of you recognize the difference between out of whack and not what you wanted - post it here, write me, throw it through my window with a rock, what have you.

Lastly - while I haven't been posting lately, I've been keeping up and trying to stay ahead of the thoughts and ideas floating around - unfortunately you all outnumber me by quite a bit, so rather than take the silent path and try to keep up, I decided to post again and just keep you all updated on what's what.

A few things...

The recent changes to gweths for some reason has some minor problems, more specifically, a problem that existed before, but was rare enough it couldn't be seen due to the way random breakage was working. Suffice to say, the few out there who seem to be having enchanted gweths breaking despite first use - well, blame it on the Gorbesh, or rather shall we say, their lingering damage done to gweths. Never fear, i've tracked down the 3-foot gorbesh lacky and have summarily caged it - the change to fix the gweths hopefully once and for all should be done here in the next day or so.

Second - contest entrants for Dazzle - I haven't forgotten you - I've been waiting for our illustrious Liaison to get up to speed and ready to go, and let them announce the news. I apologize for not saying anything sooner about this - this past month flew by so quickly, I totally forgot what day it was a few times. What I wouldn't give to be rich and just work in DR <prays>

And lastly....

With all the things that have gone on in the last year, I realize that some things may not seem as bright as they once were. There's a lot going on behind the scenes we can't discuss that unfortunately, might paint a more even picture, but as we all know - we all just love suprises. <hides>
Rigby's been busy with the magic system, and I have been trying to maintain my sanity while dealing with bugs and gweths and bugs and spells and bugs and <censored> - who would have thought I'd actually have to work back here? <grunt>
My point is - let's not jump ship just yet. We still haven't hit rock bottom as far as things "could" be, and to my knowledge, there are no more downtweaks on the horizon. I think we're downtweaked out and can now actually go back to traveling in the other direction, now that those things in need of change, have been. Now, don't read that to mean there won't be anymore - I could never promise that. I can say I think during the time between now and the end of Summer we're going to be seeing some stuff a lot of have been asking for, and even more stuff we have been toying with on our own.

So, let's have it - open floor - barring the obvious no-no's that always exist. CJs aren't the end of enchanting - in fact, far from it. We just needed to get the change done before we had anything else ready to counterbalance, but I'm sure you'll eventually be pleased, since this also gives those of higher circles somewhere to go, instead of maxing out below or around 100 - everyone's got to have someplace to go when it comes to growth, and systems like enchanting have to balance our over a much broader range than I think most realize.

Anyway, enough of my ramblings.

Trib