Dazzle 12/02/2001 06:14 PM CST
Okie,

Welp, yer all right - Dazzle is broken on the player casting on player portion of the spell. Casting on critters is and should be working as intended.

Unfortunately, there's not much I can do to fix it at the moment, though as soon as I get the green light to do so, I'll plug in a new strobe light and set it to flicker. In the mean time, I'm going to see if we can't give dazzle a little nudge into the "useful" side of things, so that the fix to round time on targets isn't the only thing that's different.

Unfortunately, the 3 second round time on the caster can't be tweaked either - basically I can't make any adjustments to the spell at all at the moment.

So, now's your chance.

Announcing...The Great Dazzle Off!

For the next 30 days you'll have one shot to suggest a new additional aspect to Dazzle. What this means...

1. You can enter only once, so make sure you suggestion is a good one.

2. All suggestions must be emailed to me by Midnight 12/31/2001 (yeah, it's new years, so don't wait till the last minute.) <g>

3. All suggestions must use the Format I will give below.

4. Only one winner will be chosen. A win doesn't necessarily mean the spell will be adjusted, but that all depends on the suggestion and what we are able to do.

5. Winner will win their choice of prizes to be announced at a later date. I'm hoping to give a wide range from being listed in the in game guild history books, alteration, a "special" item crafted just for the winner.

6. Please don't email me with "I want to use my suggestion I made on the board x months ago". You must list your suggestion in the email if you want it to be counted.

7. Keep in mind this is a first tier spell and as such has to be a) able to be used by a first circle mage (though the change could be something that manifests with circle advancement);b) has to remain in line with the overall premise to how dazzle functions, including limitations and exceptions.

Spell Suggestion format

Subject of email "The Great Dazzle Off"
PC Name
Account Name
Summary of suggestion (max 3 lines)
(summary will make first impression of your idea - make it count)
Explanation of Suggestion (here's where you cut loose and go into detail - make sure it matches up to your summary, or it could cost you the contest).

That's it - since it's not a new spell, a lot of the legwork is done for you - you just need to design an enhancement to the spell, and send it in. <g>

Tribanin