Changing Requirements 10/29/2001 06:08 PM CST
One of the first things I did when I moved into the Empath Guild Guru position in August was to propose that quild advancement requirements be changed.

That proposal has now been approved and will be implemented in the very near future. And this one, guys, I'm not going to just drop on you. I'm going to explain a little bit.

In a nutshell, the requirement for general magic will be rising significantly, across the board. In exchange, the teaching requirements below 30th level will be going down slightly, and the first aid requirements above 30th level will be going down rather significantly.

Most of you won't notice the increased magic requirements. As has been said for year and years, Empaths overall have Magic skills WAY above what was previously required. The new guild requirements simply recognize that, and encourage you to keep on developing your magical skills. A few of you will find yourself with magic skills to be made up -- not a lot, but enough that it may take you a bit to catch up. To you, the only thing I can say is that I feel strongly this is the direction the guild needs to go in.

This also opens the door to start adjusting the way in which experience is gained in both Transference and First Aid. I can't tell you when such changes might occur, or what form they might take, but I wanted to let you know they're on the table now.

Speaking as an Empath, I'm happy about these changes. I hope you are, too.

Loriene