Introduction 05/14/2000 11:01 PM CDT
Hi!

I'm Towint B'niyvyl, and I'm the newly trained (I hope! <g>) GM responsible for Healing Systems. I am writing this note to introduce myself to you, and to let you all know a bit about what I'm going to be hopefully doing! I'm going to start out with who I am, then go into what Healing Systems are, and finally, a bit about what I hope to be doing for DR in general, and as it affects Empaths in specific.

Please note that my comments about what I'm going to be hopefully doing are my own thoughts and plans, and there is no timetable which I can or will discuss, nor have they necessarily even been approved. This is just a guideline, because I think that you want to have at least some idea of my own thoughts and desires on these matters.

Okay, as to who I am. I am <the text seems to be somehow garbled>. I have a longtime background with gaming and healing systems, and I've been involved with DR for more than <garbled text>. I <great amounts of garbled text follow>. I hope that this answers every question that you might have about me, and of course, if you still have any, <something seems to have erased this passage>.

What are 'Healing Systems'? Well, when you type HEALTH, you're looking at Healing Systems information. When you see an NPC Empath, you're seeing part of the Healing Systems in DR. When you use a healing herb, you're using part of the Healing Systems in DR. Empathic healing might be considered to be part of Healing Systems, but actually, the reverse is really true. Healing Systems is actually part of the entire Empath portfolio, so I report to Brigdha, our Empath Guru.

There are a great number of things that I plan to work on... here are a few of them:

1 -- Natural Healing
2 -- Natural Infection of open wounds
3 -- New diseases, poisons, and other things for Empaths to heal

Natural Healing will be the very gradual healing of wounds (and the even more gradual healing of some scars) that will take place naturally over time. If you want to think about this, consider how long it takes for a paper cut to heal... then think how long a sword wound might take... As for scars... anyone else have tiny scars that are older than a decade or two?

Natural Infection of open wounds would simply be the possibility of an open wound getting infected.

I'm not going to go into any further details about the above ideas at this time, although if anyone wishes to post comments about them, I'll certainly be reading them, but until I actually manage to code the above ideas, and get them approved, they'll remain in the category of 'things I am trying to do'... <g>

Please feel free to post replies to this note that are to me personally in the Replies category, but for ideas regarding improvements to Healing Systems, please post them in the Ideas for Improvement category.

Towint B'niyvyl
Healing Systems GameMaster
Introduction 05/15/2000 12:13 PM CDT
Welcome Towint!

I think I can speak for many of the Empaths saying WELCOME ABOARD!

We look forward to your posts and good luck in the endeavors advancing the Empaths and the healing system!

I will be coming to you with things that need looking into <Waves the Brigdha Nag list>
I think I have room for a Towint nag list too <G>

Again welcome aboard and glad you are here!

-Rhook (who feels less alone now)
An Introduction 05/01/2001 07:25 PM CDT
Ah, only easy exams left...the hard one's done. <pants> Then I shall be back in full swing happily trouncing upon code and stories and gearing up events.

More importantly than that, though...

After a deal of searching, I'm happy to announce that the GameMaster position of Empath Guild Assistant has finally been filled. GameMaster Loriene has graciously accepted the position, though in her case it's more of a formality than anything else. For as long as she's been on staff, she's been at bare minimum peripherally involved in Empath Guild development. Especially in the past few months, her creative drive has been a godsend to Brigdha, Towint, and me, and the three of us are cheering with joy that she'll be totally ours.

You guys have genuinely been the most patient guild in the realms. I hope you enjoy the trip downstream we'll be taking you on. :)

Cheers!

Nionon
Re: An Introduction 05/01/2001 07:50 PM CDT
Greetings!

<beams> I know you're probably curious about me and where I'm coming from and where I've been. I've been an empath since the day I first entered the Realms way back when the Infirmary didn't even exist yet. As Nionon said, I've been involved with the Empath Guild since I came on staff about a year and a half ago, and I'm thrilled to have the opportunity to work on it full time.

The frustrations and concerns that I've seen expressed on these boards are ones I've shared. I'm hoping that, with all of us working together, we'll be able to make some changes that will in the end make this Guild a good long-term place to be, and one that other Guilds envy and whine about. It can't happen overnight, but it IS going to start happening.

I'm so happy to be here!

Loriene