Bundling Experience 08/18/2020 03:09 PM CDT
Combat and training spam is awful. I think most of us can agree with it. There's always a constant stream of inputs and outputs within the game that it feels like the game world is caught in a stasis of repetition. This isn't healthy for good game play or engagement with the world - which is what we should be seeing more of instead of the results of our repetitions to train even half-way effectively.

We should look at rewarding experience for how the game world responds to our actions. Let's say I cast Heighten Pain on a mob. Great, I've learned some magic and debilitation. Why not reward debilitation, arcana/primary magic experience for when I effectively use that curse by striking the mob? Why not scholarship and first aid? I'm applying magical learnings into a combat situation.

Warding spells should react in a similar manner. If my wards stop incoming damage I should see a chunk of warding experience from my studious familiarity with warding methods. Augmentation spells should offer a pulsing experience stream for as long as they're active and the more diverse your augmentations that are being utilized simultaneously the more experience you should receive.

Analyzing a mob should reward scholarship, tactics, and perception.

Hiding should reward perception, tactics, and athletics.

Most things we do should be training athletics, lol.

We have skill bloat. We should do more to bundle action to experience gain to help mitigate the number of repetitions by the player while reducing the spam of our actions. We should feel like the world is responsive to us rather than players responding to themselves.
Re: Bundling Experience 08/19/2020 09:30 AM CDT

>Most things we do should be training athletics, lol.

I certainly agree with that. Since I returned and before discovering Burglery, Athletics seemed extremely hard to train, despite the fact that you would think nearly everything we do should realistically train it.

Unfortunately. I wonder how many people are skipping this post thinking it has to do with bundling skins. LOL! But I agree with the author.