Athletics 05/26/2017 08:09 AM CDT

Hi, I got my athletics to 100 ranks, but I still can't climb the town wall successfully. How many ranks to climb the town wall?
Re: Athletics 05/26/2017 09:29 AM CDT

Depends which wall on the town you're talking about, they cover a range from around 120ish to mid 300's I think. There's a climbing list on elanthipedia that has better info, if somewhat dated.
Re: Athletics 05/26/2017 09:48 AM CDT
Notes:
Don't forget trying to use a climbing rope for a boost. It can make a difference.
You can also learn from failing (as long as as it's not a critical failure).
Try both directions. Often times climbing down is easier that climbing up. Both are on separate learning timers.

If that doesn't work, CLIMB PRACTICE is a good learning alternative, although it's not as fast (or fun) as zipping around town monkeying over everything.

There's lots of other good tips listed here: https://elanthipedia.play.net/Climbing_skill

Nikpack
Re: Athletics 05/26/2017 10:28 AM CDT
I still lock climbing on the walls at over 400 athletics. It's not ideal, but it works. Make it harder on yourself. If you can hold LONG items, that works best. Weight doesn't matter, but the longer the item the better. Put it in both hands. Especially if you are right at the point where you are climbing everything successfully. Turn on your script and run it through, then hold something long in one hand and see how much the finish time changes. Then fill both hands and watch it drop more. I'm super lazy about athletics, the undergondola being the only thing I can't do that I've wanted to do. Anyways, that's an easy way to get more bang for your buck out of it.

Monster Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.
Re: Athletics 05/26/2017 05:28 PM CDT
Athletics: 500 56.47%

Climbing the walls of crossing still works.

Kehlbins