Survival Prime Skills Question 03/20/2017 05:44 PM CDT
Question for those survival prime guilds out there. What skills have you chosen as your top 4 survivals that you are able to keep going and not slow down your circling process?

For one of my survival prime characters, I had chosen Stealth and Evasion along with Outdoorsmanship and Perception (with skinning 5th) and I have found that I am not able to hunt the creatures I need to keep stealth and evasion going and it really is impacting my circling speed.

My options appear to just wait and work combats (tertiary) or to consider a change up in my primary survivals to keep the circling going. My concern with waiting for combats to catch up as I believe this will be an issue forever if I don't make a change.

Interested in any feedback.

Thanks!
Re: Survival Prime Skills Question 03/20/2017 06:45 PM CDT
The following survival skills can outpace the your "combats" pretty easily:

Athletics
First Aid (especially as a Necro)
Outdoorsmanship
Skinning (arrange all lets you train way, way, way higher than their combat cap)
Thievery

Perception (training via hunt) and Stealth can get a little over their combat cap, but not much, in my experience.
Re: Survival Prime Skills Question 03/20/2017 06:57 PM CDT
Survival prime with tertiary 'combats' (assuming weapons/armor) is a necromancer, right? On my necromancer my top four survivals are Evasion > Skinning > Hiding > Perception. I'm able to keep TM close enough to keep moving up hunting grounds when survival needs it. I just accept that my weapon ranks are for fun/tdps and don't worry about them lagging behind.
Re: Survival Prime Skills Question 03/20/2017 07:07 PM CDT

Perception, Thievery, Stealth, Skin (followed closely by evasion).

While Rangers arguably have one of the best skill-set placements, I've never had a general survival req hold me back. Primary weapon...ugh.

Jalika
Re: Survival Prime Skills Question 03/20/2017 07:10 PM CDT
Thanks for the replies all. I had not considered Thievery so I will check that out some and I do think letting Skinning get up there will help a lot as well along with First Aid.

I may be very close to them taking over and resolving the issues.
Re: Survival Prime Skills Question 03/20/2017 08:12 PM CDT
My top 5:
Outdoorsmanship
Perception
Athletics
First Aid
Stealth
Re: Survival Prime Skills Question 03/20/2017 10:21 PM CDT
Perc, Skin, BS, Stealth, Evasion.

Skinning kind of crept up on it's own once I got serious about training it. Arrange all is the only way to go. Everything is fairly close aside from perc... But that's the crazy nature of HUNT for you, and how easily it "works as intended".

Monster Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.
Re: Survival Prime Skills Question 03/21/2017 04:54 AM CDT

>>Perception (training via hunt) and Stealth can get a little over their combat cap, but not much, in my experience.

HUNT teaches perception well past caps, hundreds of ranks near the top of the food chain. It should be in the top 4 for any survival prime.
Re: Survival Prime Skills Question 03/21/2017 07:21 AM CDT
>HUNT teaches perception well past caps, hundreds of ranks near the top of the food chain. It should be in the top 4 for any survival prime.

Can confirm, perception is about ~250 ranks past my combats and still able to move it when hunting.
Re: Survival Prime Skills Question 03/21/2017 07:45 AM CDT
>get up there will help a lot as well along with First Aid.

If you were not aware, you can study compendiums/textbooks/charts in combat. So that makes it a little less awful to train.

You slap Voldag hard in the face with your hand, making a nice crisp smack!! That's going to leave a mark!
Re: Survival Prime Skills Question 03/21/2017 10:08 AM CDT

If you're talking about a Necromancer, remember that you can train FA at level with Rituals. Accordingly, my top 5 survivals are Stealth, Evasion, Skinning, Perception and First Aid. I absolutely loathe Athletics and Outdoors :\
Re: Survival Prime Skills Question 03/21/2017 10:13 AM CDT

FA is terrible for non necro survival primes in my experience. Mine are Scouting (sorry), Perception, Evasion, Stealth, and Skinning. Although I'm still survival limited for circling, which seems will always be the case unless you're training very survival lopsided due to the massive rank requirements for your prime skillset.
Re: Survival Prime Skills Question 03/21/2017 12:56 PM CDT
Thanks again all!

This was for a necromancer and I believe the issue I was running into was kill speed was not very high, so rituals/skinning was not training as fast as Stealth/Evasion which ended up capping on the mobs I was hunting.

A lot of this is also tied to being very low circle (20s), so the exp range on mobs is very unfriendly.

Thanks again for all the feedback, it really helps.
Re: Survival Prime Skills Question 03/21/2017 02:02 PM CDT
>This was for a necromancer and I believe the issue I was running into was kill speed was not very high, so rituals/skinning was not training as fast as Stealth/Evasion which ended up capping on the mobs I was hunting.

I'm going to second that using 'Arrange' really, really helps skinning keep pace (and frequently outpace, at least for me).

"Warrior Mages don't bother covering up their disasters.
They're proud of them." -Raesh, on history
Re: Survival Prime Skills Question 03/22/2017 04:11 PM CDT

Level 62 ranger

Outdoorsmanship: 527
Perception: 480
Locksmithing: 473
Skinning: 286
Stealth: 281

athletics and evasion are right behind stealth.