Skill doesn't show up in stormfron experience window 11/26/2016 03:48 AM CST

Hi,

Just a warning, I might not know exactly what I'm talking about or how to say it(hahaha).

I don't know if anyone else if having this problem, but when I hunt harder creatures, my weapon experience doesn't show up in the experience window. For example, if I try to hunt harder creatures, the other weapons that I use show up, but this particular weapon doesn't show up in the field experience window. I'm using

StormFront by the way. I've also had this issue with Stealth, it doesn't train with some creatures. But if my stealth is

at the skill level of the creature, does it train Stealth? Ok, I just confused my myself. (facepalm)

Lighter
Re: Skill doesn't show up in stormfron experience window 12/07/2016 03:55 PM CST
Are you saying that when you type EXP it shows up as higher than clear but doesn't show up in the Field Experience window? I've never seen that happen myself.

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!

Barbarian Guild Suggestions
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4L5hAxR1-VLDegDNZBIhGdo5bMgnCtm84Icm2E0utU/edit#gid=0
Re: Skill doesn't show up in stormfron experience window 12/14/2016 11:16 PM CST

Yeah I see, but what do you mean? I just know that if my stealth is at 56 ranks, but I hunt a creature who teaches to 65 ranks, stealth won't show up in the experience window. I'm not learning any stealth from the creature who teaches 65 ranks, but when I go back and hunt the creature that teaches to 56 ranks,
my stealth increases in ranks. The same thing happens with my bow skill. If my bow skill is at 38 ranks and I hunt creatures that teach to 42 ranks, i won't gain any experience in bow skill with that creature. Does this sound confusing? I don't know what to do because some of my weapons skills are higher than my stealth, but i can't hunt them because they don't train my stealth. so like is my small edged weapons is 105 and I hunt creatures that teach 120, stealth doesn't train so I have to go and backtrain creatures that teach my stealth, but don't teach my weapons. Another thing is the bow skills sometimes doesn't move at all even when i hunt creatures that are the same as my bow skill. Is this still confusing? (hehehe)

I hope this makes sense.

Lighter
Re: Skill doesn't show up in stormfron experience window 12/15/2016 12:34 AM CST

Soooo you're saying that your skills aren't being trained at the creatures you think should train them?

"I, for one, think it's nice to have new folks who are excited and already care enough about the game to offer suggestions. We need more of that." -Solomon

Thanks for being in my corner Solomon, come back soon.
Re: Skill doesn't show up in stormfron experience window 12/15/2016 09:20 AM CST
Creatures have different Offensive, Defensive, and Stealth caps based on their strength. You'll see this kinda disparity more on the lower end as the teaching ranges are much tighter.

Samsaren
Re: Skill doesn't show up in stormfron experience window 12/15/2016 02:04 PM CST
What Samsaren said, it's a pain sub 120 ranks, after that it starts to get decent, and it's great post 250.

Also, the ladder is a guide, and subject to being slightly off. I also suspect tert skills teach longer than prime skills on any given critter as well, which if i'm right, isn't factored into the equation.

"Game balance is sobbing over in the corner as it considers the ramifications of AoE Blufmor Garaen. Your spell slots send their condolences." - GM Raesh
Re: Skill doesn't show up in stormfron experience window 12/15/2016 03:05 PM CST
>>I also suspect tert skills teach longer than prime skills on any given critter as well, which if i'm right, isn't factored into the equation.

I'm not sure if tert skills teach longer than prime skills as much as they drain slower. If you have a primary skill at 500 and a tertiary skill at 500, and you do X "bits" worth of exp gain for both, you'll still be earning X "bits" worth of exp but the latter will appear to be locking just because it takes more time to process that knowledge (plus I think tertiary pools might be smaller?).

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Skill doesn't show up in stormfron experience window 12/15/2016 10:57 PM CST
Yes, Syraken, that's what I meant. Thank you for clearing that up and putting it into words for me.

Ahhh... So Samsaren, you're saying that creatures have different offensive, defensive, and stealth caps based on their strengt? And that I'll see this kinda disparity more on the lower end as the teaching ranges are much tighter? Ok I think i'm getting it now. I will look over what you said and try to keep that in mind as I hunt creatures. Thanks, Samsaren. Ashbomb, so you said, "Also, the ladder is a guide, and subject to being slightly off. I also suspect tert skills teach longer than prime skills on any given critter as well, which if i'm right, isn't factored into the equation." Okay, that makes sense. Thank you for explaining that to me!

Lighter
Re: Skill doesn't show up in stormfron experience window 12/16/2016 01:45 PM CST
For what it's worth, it DOES get better, rapidly. Happy hunting.

Samsaren
Re: Skill doesn't show up in stormfron experience window 12/17/2016 07:09 AM CST

I believe you. Thanks.

Lighter