TDPs 06/07/2016 07:21 AM CDT
I don't know if this has been suggested yet because I don't want to read through 500+ posts that have been made on the subject, but what if ranks earned no TDPs at all? TDP gain could be tied solely to leveling up to 200 and then no one would have to complain about who has the better skill set placement for earning a ton of TDPs. It would also make it so that people don't feel like they have to train a skill that would be otherwise useless to them except that it generates TDPs. Maybe by level 200 you could earn enough TDPs to train every stat to 125 if you wanted to keep them balanced. I do realize that this solution would be a giant middle finger to anyone who has trained every weapon to 1000 + ranks or whatever, but in terms of game balance it seems like it would be better.
Re: TDPs 06/07/2016 10:30 AM CDT

For the love of god, really? AGAIN?
Re: TDPs 06/07/2016 10:31 AM CDT
No no, this one's completely different because they didn't read the 500+ pages prior.

Samsaren
Re: TDPs 06/07/2016 10:33 AM CDT
Okay - now that that's out of my system. One of the big draws to DR (for me anywho) is the way our characters improve. Being both a skill and circle(level) based game, and seeing a tangible benefit and gain from broadly training abilities.

Yes, the current generation mindset is a 'requirement' to train everything - luckily, if you don't wanna, you honestly don't HAVE to. The GAME, as designed, works fine as a min-req character. You only REALLY see a difference when you try to compare to others, and that route only leads to sadness anyways.

Samsaren
Re: TDPs 06/07/2016 10:39 AM CDT

In b4 "but you do have to"

Also insert arguing and bickering here.

Also insert witty retorts here

Lets add a few dashes of some witty and not so witty banter back and forth regarding the pros and cons...

Or alternatively you could read the large thread like 2 posts down.

xoxo
Re: TDPs 06/07/2016 10:41 AM CDT

You forgot "Gemstone does it better."
Re: TDPs 06/07/2016 10:56 AM CDT

> In b4 "but you do have to"

You missed it by [that] much.

> Lets add a few dashes of some witty and not so witty banter back and forth regarding the pros and cons...

You forgot the personal attacks. You always need to remember the personal attacks.

> Or alternatively you could read the large thread like 2 posts down.

Not everyone uses threaded views.

@EXTREMECONTENT. I'd recommend reading the last 10 pages in this sub. It's enlightening with regards to the TDP system and discussions, or at least it was to me. If anything, I'd recommend reading the last page of a board (specifically post 5373)

>> This discussion is done. Additionally, there's a moratorium on posting about potential TDP changes until such time as Staff is closer to actually discussing their proposal and plan.

>> Thank you.

>> Annwyl
>> Message Board Supervisor
Re: TDPs 06/07/2016 11:00 AM CDT
Imagine the crap fire that would ensue if TDP from ranks went away. You mean I learned to play the zills for nothing!? I guess you can always RP that you belly dance?

"An' I'm learnin' 'ere in London what the ten-year soldier tells; If you've 'eard the East a-callin', you won't never 'eed naught else. No! you won't 'eed nothin' else"

Re: TDPs ::Thread Over:: 06/07/2016 11:00 AM CDT

You forgot one.

Annwyl sees all. This is done.

Please take the time to read the posts before you jump in and try to start new discussions.

Annwyl
Message Board Supervisor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing me at DR-Annwyl@play.net.