Free to play and experience 04/14/2016 03:17 PM CDT
I was told to ask on the forums. I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to put this, but here goes. As a free to play character, will I have the best possible learning rates via the simucoin experience passes, or will a subscriber always learn better even when I purchase the passes? Is the difference marginal, or is it noticeable?
Re: Free to play and experience 04/14/2016 04:32 PM CDT
Subscriber will always have better exp absorption assuming similar stats and ranks. (not considering RPA's)

The exp booster does bring the absorption rate to what feels like about 80% of subscriber rates. In my opinion the difference is marginal but it is noticeable if you are running both F2P and Subs.

I use the 30 day Brain Boost token's on my F2P accounts. Wish the tokens brought them up to 100% sub level but I understand why they don't.
Re: Free to play and experience 04/15/2016 03:49 AM CDT
Hm, I remember reading that the pass brings it up to the paid exp rate. I purchased passes myself with that understanding. Epedia just calls it a "subscriber-like" learning rate, which has some vague wiggle room. Heck if I wanna fish through the forums for posts from that time, though, since I don't remember who or where I would have seen it.
Re: Free to play and experience 04/15/2016 10:55 AM CDT
Right from the release post it was always clear that the exp booster was close, but not quite fully subscriber levels. Even the simucoin store page states this clearly.

<<Want to level more quickly? Want a bonus to how quickly you absorb the experience you've gained? Get an Experience Booster today!! While under its effects you will absorb experience almost as fast as a subscriber! This boost is applied automatically upon in-game delivery and is only applicable to Free-to-Play accounts. It will last for 1 real life day.