How much does primary magic figure into how well tm works? 07/11/2010 09:54 PM CDT
Would someone be more effective in theory with 300 tm with 800 pm, than with the skills more or less both at 500 or 600 for accuracy and damage? Are there any plans to look at this area, during the rewrite?

-Armifer says consequences are how we honor evil roleplaying.
-Abasha says, "Personally, I love supporting evil characters, but not if they can't take their lumps too.
-Quarel says, "Not me I hit you because I like to hit."
Re: How much does primary magic figure into how well tm works? 07/11/2010 10:05 PM CDT
PM only affects how much mana you can put into the spell. So ranks of TM are the big deciders for accuracy and damage.
Re: How much does primary magic figure into how well tm works? 07/12/2010 08:03 AM CDT
IIRC PM overcomes MR so that can play a significant part in damage.
Re: How much does primary magic figure into how well tm works? 07/12/2010 11:50 AM CDT
Good point, forgot about MR.

As an aside: Since MR disrupts the secondary (targeting) pattern, and not the primary pattern, it doesn't directly weaken the spell, just makes it less accurate (which indirectly drops damage). So your Fire Shard (for example) is still just as hot, it just doesn't go where you want it.
Re: How much does primary magic figure into how well tm works? 07/12/2010 12:31 PM CDT
I'd rather have 800 TM than 800 PM. Since you're asking a lot of basic questions about magic recently, I'd recommend you read up more about the magic system: http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Category:Magic_Skillset

>describe boar
It's a boar. It doesn't like you.