Re: Let Magic Users Teach TM in Combat 01/28/2010 07:33 PM CST
ditto

Anabel
Re: Let Magic Users Teach TM in Combat 01/28/2010 07:37 PM CST
please

please

PLEASE

Rev. Reene

(Ventuul demonstrates a sneak attack to the face.)
Re: Let Magic Users Teach TM in Combat 01/28/2010 07:52 PM CST
IMO you should be able to teach both TM and Vocals in combat.
Re: Let Magic Users Teach TM in Combat 01/29/2010 12:46 PM CST
It's as much a combat skill as ME or parry. I agree.

"You seek for knowledge and wisdom, as I once did; and I ardently hope that the gratification of your wishes may not be a serpent to sting you, as mine has been." -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Re: Let Magic Users Teach TM in Combat 01/29/2010 04:30 PM CST
Really- haven't we gotten to the point now where we don't have to make rationalizations about what we should be or should not be able to teach in combat?

Let us teach anything in combat. Really, it won't break DR.
Re: Let Magic Users Teach TM in Combat 03/25/2010 05:07 PM CDT
+1

Seriously, open all teaching up to combat, especially TM. If you're worried about Bards getting love (I'm not too worried about what War Mages think about TM and I have one) give Bards the ability to teach two subjects from the same skillset.
e.g. two weapons, climbing and swimming, or primary magic and target magic.
They're such masterful teachers they can give valid, useful information on two 'similar' topics by using broad reaching concepts.
Re: Let Magic Users Teach TM in Combat 03/26/2010 03:27 AM CDT
<< If you're worried about Bards getting love (I'm not too worried about what War Mages think about TM and I have one) give Bards the ability to teach two subjects from the same skillset.
<<e.g. two weapons, climbing and swimming, or primary magic and target magic.
<<They're such masterful teachers they can give valid, useful information on two 'similar' topics by using broad reaching concepts.

I say have that as a feat for having very high teaching. 500+, 750+, 1000+? whatever GMs deem fair. My teaching is going to waste...
Re: Let Magic Users Teach TM in Combat 04/02/2010 09:41 PM CDT
It would be nearly useless endeavor for the GMs except for TF then. I say make it a skillset perk and give bards a more beneficial range on it.

“Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.” - Terry Pratchett