Target Hidden Problems 04/04/2009 07:17 PM CDT
I know Wythor recently put some work into this but I'm still having huge problems using Target vs Hiding. I can't nail down exactly what the bug is, but Target vs Hiding just isn't working like Aim vs Hiding. Please, please make target work like aim does vs hidden. One of the consistent problems I've noticed is being hidden myself, and trying to target another passively spotted hidden character, or using Target vs hidden when point effect should still be up (aka I can aim but I can't target).

Also, I can automatically target anything I'm facing, and yet if I aim (automatically face), then try and generically target (without naming target), I can't get the target. Any chance this can be changed?

Considering the fact that just about everyone "senses" the target matrix form, I think it'd be nice to at least get the same vs stealth mechanics that aim gets (without any skill check).

Thanks.
Re: Target Hidden Problems 04/04/2009 07:56 PM CDT
Hmm- You know, lately I've had some trouble with TM spells staying locked onto my specific target- especially with stealthy critters in swarms. It might be stealth-related, or it might be something else altogether. Or I could have missed something in the scroll. I'll see if I can pin it down.

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Target Hidden Problems 05/13/2009 04:25 AM CDT
>>One of the consistent problems I've noticed is being hidden myself, and trying to target another passively spotted hidden character, or using Target vs hidden when point effect should still be up (aka I can aim but I can't target).

>>Also, I can automatically target anything I'm facing, and yet if I aim (automatically face), then try and generically target (without naming target), I can't get the target. Any chance this can be changed?

Since I have to gut the TARGET verb anyway I'll be changing how all of this works. As always, one of my foremost goals is to make it as user-friendly as possible. I'll be looking at AIM extensively for this purpose to see how it handles certain things.

- GM Wythor

What goes up
is futile --
unless it goes out