Multi Hit Spells - Stampede 06/09/2015 06:23 PM CDT
Are these still being reviewed?

Currently as it Stampede is more or less pointless.

Casting at capped (100 mana) should product more damage than this. My TM is also above what they teach.

5 hits 2 of which did nothing.

You raise your right hand skyward and make a quick whipping motion.
You contribute your harnessed streams to increase the pattern's potential.
Your cambrinth orb emits a loud snap as it discharges as much power as necessary, leaving a fair amount left for future use.
The pounding sound of a multitude of beasts quickly grows louder as multiple horses formed of a orange-hued energy come into view from somewhere seemingly distant, stampeding straight towards the black leucro!
The horse leaves a giant black leucro mostly unfazed as it bounces off it, the orange-colored energies quickly dissipating.
The horse leaves a giant black leucro mostly unfazed as it bounces off it, the orange-colored energies quickly dissipating.
The horse slams against a giant black leucro, leaving bruises as the orange-hued energies encircle it before dissipating.
The black leucro is lightly stunned!
The horse impacts against a giant black leucro, breaking bones with a loud crack, as the orange-hued horse burns brightly around it a moment before the energies dissipate.
The horse breaks and rips skin and bone as it runs through a giant black leucro, the orange-hued energies burning brightly as the horse continues to run past.

Roundtime: 1 sec.
Re: Multi Hit Spells - Stampede 06/09/2015 06:47 PM CDT

for what its worth at about 13 mana and ~50 TM skill, i seem to see more hits and more damage with stampede versus a 12 mana (my max mana) cast of eagle cry.

I also tend to hunt against creatures that are at or slightly above what epedia says is skill level, I've been hunting rock trolls last few days.
Re: Multi Hit Spells - Stampede 06/09/2015 07:05 PM CDT
How does that compare to the other TM spells on the same target? What about a variety of creatures?

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Multi Hit Spells - Stampede 06/09/2015 08:37 PM CDT
It may be something with leucs. Multi-strike TM is definitely not weak. Rebuke (<3) and FST both do more damage for me than mundane weapons of equal ranks.
Re: Multi Hit Spells - Stampede 06/09/2015 11:54 PM CDT

Sadly, It has nothing to do with leucros. At almost 300 TM EC, CAC, Dev all do far far better. I can produce logs all day of stampede bouncing off targets.

80 mana Stampede
The pounding sound of a multitude of beasts quickly grows louder as multiple horses formed of a orange-hued energy come into view from somewhere seemingly distant, stampeding straight towards the cave troll!
The horse leaves a cave troll mostly unfazed as it bounces off him, the orange-colored energies quickly dissipating.
The horse leaves a cave troll mostly unfazed as it bounces off him, the orange-colored energies quickly dissipating.
The horse slams against a cave troll, leaving bruises as the orange-hued energies encircle him before dissipating.
The cave troll is lightly stunned!
The horse impacts against a cave troll, leaving bleeding burn marks as the orange-hued flames flicker a moment before dissipating.

75 mana Stampede
The pounding sound of a multitude of beasts quickly grows louder as multiple horses formed of a orange-hued energy come into view from somewhere seemingly distant, stampeding straight towards the forest geni!
The horse leaves a forest geni mostly unfazed as it bounces off it, the orange-colored energies quickly dissipating.
The horse leaves a forest geni mostly unfazed as it bounces off it, the orange-colored energies quickly dissipating.
The horse slams against a forest geni, leaving bruises as the orange-hued energies encircle it before dissipating.

90 mana Stampede

The pounding sound of a multitude of beasts quickly grows louder as multiple horses formed of a orange-hued energy come into view from somewhere seemingly distant, stampeding straight towards the rock guardian!
The horse leaves a rock guardian mostly unfazed as it bounces off it, the orange-colored energies quickly dissipating.
The horse leaves a rock guardian mostly unfazed as it bounces off it, the orange-colored energies quickly dissipating.
The horse slams against a rock guardian, leaving bruises as the orange-hued energies encircle it before dissipating.
The horse slams against a rock guardian, leaving bruises as the orange-hued energies encircle it before dissipating.

70 mana Dev
You clench your fist and mutter a whispered invection against the forest geni.
With a noise reminiscent of an old groaning oak, a roiling mass of frenzied green and blue energy forms into being, streaking towards the forest geni!
The roiling mass strikes its back, absorbing itself into the body. Suddenly, its back contorts and spasms as it partially collapses in on itself, bits of flesh and bone falling off and covered on the inside with ice.
The forest geni cries out to the forest for protection. Getting no response, it collapses to the ground.

Dev at 25
You clench your fist and mutter a whispered invection against the cave troll.
With a noise reminiscent of an old groaning oak, a roiling mass of frenzied green and blue energy forms into being, streaking towards the cave troll!
Blue-green energy splashes against his abdomen, causing it to ripple and distort slightly.

EC at 25 mana
You raise your left hand skyward and make a forward motion.
With a piercing cry, an eagle formed of blue-green energy swoops down from above and behind you, streaking straight towards the cave troll!
The eagle swoops past the cave troll's back, leaving thin scratches.

Re: Multi Hit Spells - Stampede 06/10/2015 12:02 AM CDT
Yeah, but what do the actual wounds on the target look like?

Each hit of a multistrike spells is almost never going to do massive damage.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Multi Hit Spells - Stampede 06/10/2015 12:42 AM CDT
Cuts and Bruises normally.

Just seems that for about almost 4 times the amount of mana the damage should be a bit more.
Re: Multi Hit Spells - Stampede 06/17/2015 12:14 AM CDT

What are your stats? Those play a large role.

You'll hit harder if you raise the relevant stats associated with that spell.
Re: Multi Hit Spells - Stampede 06/18/2015 11:14 AM CDT

Why are you asking about his stats? He's comparing TM spells, and showing one TM spell seems to be doing less damage. The variable here is which spell he's using and how much mana he's putting into them, not his stats.
Re: Multi Hit Spells - Stampede 06/24/2015 01:20 AM CDT
>>Why are you asking about his stats? He's comparing TM spells, and showing one TM spell seems to be doing less damage. The variable here is which spell he's using and how much mana he's putting into them, not his stats.

IIRC, Disc boosts accuracy and Intel/Wisdom boosts damage.

Having low mentals might matter more when you're dealing with something that is reduced damage from the get-go, like a multishot spell.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Multi Hit Spells - Stampede 06/26/2015 03:31 PM CDT
The problem is still the damage from that spell alone. I can assure you my stats are not the issue.

Though with the review of barrier spells, I've since unlearned it to save the slots for likely expansion there.

TM was just while I was backtraining weapons and was trying to speed up the learning a little using our guild based multi-strike spell.