TM and Disc 03/29/2013 02:48 AM CDT
Any updates on the status of the bug preventing discipline from being factored into the accuracy of Targeted magic?

-Serc

""It's a hell of a thing, killing some text. Take away all the numbers and letters and punctuation it's got, and all the numbers and letters and punctuation it's ever gonna have." -- Clint Eastwood, Unforgiven."-- Bahb.
Re: TM and Disc 03/29/2013 05:41 AM CDT
You won't see a notable improvement unless your mentals are really skewed - it's just using wis/int instead right now.

That said, I fixed the bug (and others) in development, but I believe they're going to be batched in with some other magic updates that we're going to run through the test server before pushing live. And, no, I don't personally have a time line. Sorry.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: TM and Disc 03/29/2013 10:05 PM CDT
Cool beans. Thanks for the reply.

-Serc

""It's a hell of a thing, killing some text. Take away all the numbers and letters and punctuation it's got, and all the numbers and letters and punctuation it's ever gonna have." -- Clint Eastwood, Unforgiven."-- Bahb.
Re: TM and Disc 05/17/2013 12:07 PM CDT
Did disc ever get calculated in?

"Burn him! Burn him!" You hear the cries echo around you as everyone in the vicinity suddenly moves away, giving you a wide berth! It goes without saying you'll be wanted for forbidden practices in The Rakash Village.
Re: TM and Disc 05/17/2013 01:18 PM CDT
I fixed it (and some other stat calcs) back when we were discussing it but I was asked to not deploy it until it could undergo testing on the test server which will be in use when the next round of significant magic updates are done.

Sorry it's taking so long.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: TM and Disc 05/17/2013 03:08 PM CDT
Glad to hear some news on it at all. So Disc will be magic accuracy statistic? like agility was right?

I take it you have not even a vague idea on this new wave of magic fixes?

"Burn him! Burn him!" You hear the cries echo around you as everyone in the vicinity suddenly moves away, giving you a wide berth! It goes without saying you'll be wanted for forbidden practices in The Rakash Village.
Re: TM and Disc 05/17/2013 06:20 PM CDT
Not sure if a GM will answer this but does/should DISC effect the strength of Empath GS and Necro pets? They're based off of TM strength, which in combat factors in DISC, but I know it could also be just straight ranks.

I get asked this question a lot and have no idea myself.

You've reached the uninformative help match I haven't written yet.

http://i.imgur.com/fBq8R.jpg
Re: TM and Disc 05/18/2013 10:13 AM CDT
Intell / Wisdom effect TM damage and spell power, and those stats might effect the initial difficulty of a zombie / GS (not sure). But I thought disc was brought out of the damage calculations for TM and now a straight accuracy factoring stat? If not currently then after disc gets though the next magic wave or what not like its supposed to.
Re: TM and Disc 05/18/2013 10:42 AM CDT
>I thought disc was brought out of the damage calculations for TM and now a straight accuracy factoring stat?

Thats what I was understanding, just was trying to get Raesh to chime in on what disc will actually do in his fix.

AFAIK, Wis and Intel does help zombie/construct/GS power thier ability to hit the target seems just solely based on TM skill though as I haven't seen a difference in accuracy buffing my intel to make the zombie at all. It does however effect the power of it.

Re: TM and Disc 08/07/2013 09:02 AM CDT
>I fixed it (and some other stat calcs) back when we were discussing it but I was asked to not deploy it until it could undergo testing on the test server which will be in use when the next round of significant magic updates are done.

>Sorry it's taking so long.

>-Raesh

Just checkin up, any word on these magic fixes and when we could possibly expect them rolled out?

Re: TM and Disc 08/07/2013 05:40 PM CDT
You'll know it's here when we open the test server back up.

-Raesh

Re: TM and Disc 08/10/2013 02:06 AM CDT
Any way you could tell us what exactly will be effected from the current model for magic? or is this a complete re-write?