Shoplifting while Invisible 02/20/2017 05:35 PM CST
The system was previously not awarding the bonus for Stealth ranks if you attempted to shoplift while Invisible. It now gives you the bonus (or penalty) based on if your Stealth is higher than Thievery when you steal while Invisible.

Many thanks to Abasha for the fast QC.

Javac
That one guy

If you have questions or comments in regard to this post please email me at DR-JAVAC@play.net.
Re: Shoplifting while Invisible 03/14/2017 03:30 PM CDT
>> The system was previously not awarding the bonus for Stealth ranks if you attempted to shoplift while Invisible. It now gives you the bonus (or penalty) based on if your Stealth is higher than Thievery when you steal while Invisible.

Neat. I'm a bit late to the party, but does this stack with Stealth ranks to bypass global cap? Like if you have a capped Obfuscation, or Shadows, does Eyes of the Blind, or Refraction field grant Stealth ranks above the 20% limit?

Thanks!
Re: Shoplifting while Invisible 03/17/2017 09:44 PM CDT
>Like if you have a capped Obfuscation, or Shadows, does Eyes of the Blind, or Refraction field grant Stealth ranks above the 20% limit?

I honestly can't answer, because I don't know. All of that takes place inside Core Stealth, and none of my work on Shoplifting changed Core Stealth. My changes allowed you to use and learn Stealth skill while invisible when Shoplifting, it did not change how being invisible affects Core Stealth.

Javac
That one guy

If you have questions or comments in regard to this post please email me at DR-JAVAC@play.net.
Re: Shoplifting while Invisible 03/18/2017 10:46 AM CDT
As far as I remember, global caps is global caps. Even if you use different sources, it will not boost the skill past 20%.

Monster Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.
Re: Shoplifting while Invisible 05/18/2017 01:57 PM CDT

>> I honestly can't answer, because I don't know. All of that takes place inside Core Stealth, and none of my work on Shoplifting changed Core Stealth. My changes allowed you to use and learn Stealth skill while invisible when Shoplifting, it did not change how being invisible affects Core Stealth.

Oh wow. This wasn't in your initial announcement! I just noticed your new post. I thought it was simply giving the bonus to stealth, not also allowing teaching as if you were hidden. This is a pretty fantastic change. Hiding to get stealth exp added a significant amount of RT to stealing runs. Allowing invis to also train stealth without hiding is pretty great news.