Charts/Texts/Books First Aid 01/21/2020 01:56 AM CST
What is the plan for First Aid? It seems like a lot of work has gone into Anatomy charts and text books and compendiums, etc. However, they dont teach well at all, and First Aid basically caps out usefulness at less than 400 ranks. Are there currently plans for this skill? Are Textbooks/charts ever going to teach better? (perhaps up the EXP per study, as a 20 Sec RT is already super steep to not teach on top of it). It seems like the first study, and the last study are the only things that teach First Aid (and they do it poorly at that). Right now it feels like FA is a broken skill and nearly untrainable at higher ranks with no reward.
Re: Charts/Texts/Books First Aid 03/02/2020 05:22 PM CST
I concur. The learning rate for studying charts is pathetic. Especially when you consider how many inconsistencies there are from one skill to the next in how easily they can be trained.

"An' I'm learnin' 'ere in London what the ten-year soldier tells; If you've 'eard the East a-callin', you won't never 'eed naught else. No! you won't 'eed nothin' else"

Re: Charts/Texts/Books First Aid 03/03/2020 10:34 AM CST

I would love to see the study CD removed on charts. Find the chart in your sweet spot and just study it over and over.
Re: Charts/Texts/Books First Aid 03/03/2020 10:35 AM CST

And reduce the RT based on scholarship ranks or lore placements.
Re: Charts/Texts/Books First Aid 03/03/2020 06:41 PM CST

Sheesh I'd love to learn a trickle of first aid, if you're injured and use herbs to heal yourself up.

Bluefalcon