skeleton not accepting foraged items 10/02/2018 04:59 PM CDT
So in checking out Foraging Compendium items, that led me to update the documentation on the Brewing system, which of course led me to break out my skeleton to document the recipes that have been found and spend some time trying new ones. Yes, the hamster that runs the wheel of my brain begs for the sweet release of death. Don't judge.

In doing so, I've come across a small...bug? Feature? But the foraged fruit isn't working for the recipes (https://elanthipedia.play.net/Skeleton_Recipes#Other_Recipes). I thought I was just missing something, I remember the skeletons being a little picky on what they would take, but then on a whim I tried using purchased apples (from the Shard Halfling cart) instead of foraged apples to make the cider and BAM, mixed up fine.

Anyhow, any chance we could have more of the items foraged up work with the skeletons? I've just started checking some of those combinations out, but I know the bundling rope is working fine with foraged vines. So it was weird that the foraged apples didn't work for the cider.

~*~ Kythryn ~*~
"It is what makes the garden beautiful: Not every flower is the same." - Bill Murray
Re: skeleton not accepting foraged items 10/03/2018 10:32 AM CDT
So when I talked to some GMs last time about the "foraging compendium questions/suggestions" thread, the response I got was something akin to "foragables aren't very well organized at the moment," only not so eloquently stated (terrible and messy might have been the words used). I suspect what you're seeing here is also a relic of that.

While I'm unsure in the details of which bugs could be easy fixes (fodder that I'm trying to entice our new GM's to look into as they sink their teeth into systems) or which might require much more long term solutions, thanks for posting these. As you or anyone else finds bugs, posts are appreciated as well as BUG reports. The BUG reports help to make a database, while discussion here helps to collect more data as others experience them and clue us into what is important.

Thanks,

Helje
DragonRealms Senior Board Moderator
Re: skeleton not accepting foraged items 10/03/2018 03:47 PM CDT
>"foragables aren't very well organized at the moment,"

What! A system that has been tacked onto and patched up since the beginning of the game has some issues? Inconceivable!
:)

Thanks for the reply Helje. If someone looks into the foragables interacting with the skeletons, that would be great. But I suspect it's a fairly low priority for the player community at large. I know I hadn't even used my skeleton for...years before I dug it out to do some testing. And a quick glance at all the "useful" combinations that give buffs don't seem to have too many foraged items needed.

On submitting BUGS on this, should I go ahead and do one for each of the foragables that isn't working as I identify them? For instance, the apple example in my original post, I would bug a foraged apple once I determined that purchased ones were working but the foraged wasn't?

~*~ Kythryn ~*~
"It is what makes the garden beautiful: Not every flower is the same." - Bill Murray