foraging "compendium" questions/suggestions 09/17/2018 01:07 AM CDT
I was spending a little time this weekend working on some of the generic items from the full foraging list (https://elanthipedia.play.net/Foraging_compendium), and came across some little nitpic things that maybe a GM wants to kill some time looking into one day while they procrastinate on doing something useful. Heh.

- Foraged limbs, sticks and branches all have the same dimensions (9x2x2). This might just be a feature instead of an oversight, so that they can all be a useful size for legacy systems like Prayer Bead blocks. But, they do have the 1, 2 & 3 parts when prepared for the new system, so they do also have a notable size difference from the volume.

- Foraged shells are edible. Maybe they are IRL too, but I guess I've never felt the need to nibble on a clam shell before.

- Not all foraged foods have extended TASTE messages. Some, like blueberries, do (ex. You take a bite of a handful of blueberries. The blueberries tastes sweet.) But then, others you'd expect to see a message don't, like the "berries", "bread crumbs" and, you know, the shells, are missing a more detailed TASTE.

-Clover & Torch; these have been on the possible foraging list for over a decade, and I have never found either one. If someone has, please reply and I'll update that on the wiki/Olwydd's. But, these were in a black hole (along with junliar stem, which Kodius did track down as part of the alchemy/remedies release) and have never, to my knowledge, been located. In the past, GM's have indicated they are in the system still, and maybe there's something you folks behind the curtain have going on that is different from what we see here on the player side? In any case, it'd be nice for us OCD completists to see this super lame mystery solved...:)

~*~ Kythryn ~*~
"It is what makes the garden beautiful: Not every flower is the same." - Bill Murray
Re: foraging "compendium" questions/suggestions 09/17/2018 01:25 AM CDT
I've noticed all the foraging updates you've made on Elanthipedia, and all I can say is that I wish I was half as wonderful as you. All i'm good for so far is trying to capture every Vela'tohr flower color and scent combination, among some other random things.. :(

"I, for one, think it's nice to have new folks who are excited and already care enough about the game to offer suggestions. We need more of that." -Solomon

Thanks for being in my corner Solomon, come back soon.
Re: foraging "compendium" questions/suggestions 09/17/2018 02:43 AM CDT
Thanks SYRAKEN! You've been doing a great job on the Vela'tohr plant page (https://elanthipedia.play.net/Vela%27tohr_plant), that takes some serious patience to keep checking back for the flowers!

Another thing I want to add to the list is on the Foraged wood-type item issues:
- None of the new foraged sticks/limbs/branches will fit in a portable stove for burning now. There aren't too many legacy systems left that need a stove currently, but if there are ever plans to make those useful again, should consider changing the size (see the initial list on dimensions) or introducing some sort of common location burnable item. Currently, "vine", "wood chip" & "torn cloth" (possibly others, working through the list now), which burn out very quickly, and "peat", which has got only a handful of locations in which to find it, are available for use in the stoves. It would be nice to have something other than store bought charcoal that has a longer burn time commonly available, like the old generic branches and limbs.

- The "wood adjacent" items are missing. Since the material re-write for woods into the new crafting system, things that were commonly found in places you could find the generic stick/branch/limbs are missing. This includes "acorn" & "twig" for sure. I'll keep an eye for a few other tree-loving things, like "apples" and "mistletoe", when seasons are right/I'm near a known location.

~*~ Kythryn ~*~
"It is what makes the garden beautiful: Not every flower is the same." - Bill Murray
Re: foraging "compendium" questions/suggestions 09/18/2018 07:51 PM CDT
>This includes "acorn" & "twig" for sure.

I think acorn is fall only, or maybe 'not summer', don't recall. But I'm positive I've foraged it recently (for some reason whenever I'm in Leth I feel like collecting acorns), at least well since materials re-write. Summer now so I can't prove it, though.

...do cattails work? I've never really played with stoves.
Re: foraging "compendium" questions/suggestions 09/19/2018 01:15 AM CDT
>do cattails work?

I've been going full pyro as I work through the list...heh. So, when I find some next I'll definitely try burning them!

~*~ Kythryn ~*~
Re: foraging "compendium" questions/suggestions 11/16/2018 11:14 AM CST
I could have sworn clover was one of those "when you first start playing forage that" things from way back when, like pre-collect piles foraging, and it wouldn't surprise me if they somehow got disconnected during everything else the game did.

I'm pretty sure you typically foraged three leaf clovers and that four leaf clovers were a fun "rare", even though they had no real usefulness. But this is me trying to recall how the game worked two decades ago.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: foraging "compendium" questions/suggestions 12/02/2018 11:43 AM CST
I can't remember if it was "first start playing" or around 100 foraging skill. I do remember sitting down in Shard with everyone else draining their fuzzy brains having four leaf clover finding contests though. Good times. Good times.

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!

Barbarian Guild Suggestions
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4L5hAxR1-VLDegDNZBIhGdo5bMgnCtm84Icm2E0utU/edit#gid=0