"Old" herbs 10/20/2016 02:15 PM CDT
I'm back after a few years absence and discovering new things. I have a herb pouch filled from my time before Alchemy and DR new was live. Do these herbs still work or should I just chuck the lot and get Val's fingers dirty foraging again.

~Player of Valynn

___

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition."

- Henry V, William Shakespeare
Re: "Old" herbs 10/20/2016 03:08 PM CDT
Old herbs still work, and will heal you when eaten. new herbs (store bought and foraged) require preparation via alchemy before they'll do anything. AFAIK critter drop herbs are still considered "old herbs"

"Game balance is sobbing over in the corner as it considers the ramifications of AoE Blufmor Garaen. Your spell slots send their condolences." - GM Raesh
Re: "Old" herbs 10/20/2016 03:24 PM CDT

> Old herbs still work, and will heal you when eaten. new herbs (store bought and foraged) require preparation via alchemy before they'll do anything. AFAIK critter drop herbs are still considered "old herbs"

There are still some places that sell old herbs that still work like they always did.
Re: "Old" herbs 10/20/2016 03:39 PM CDT

Welcome back, Valynn!
Re: "Old" herbs 10/20/2016 04:21 PM CDT
I believe critters have been dropping new (analyzable) herbs for about a year now, since the last round of treasure hopper updates;

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Post:Treasure_System_Updates_-_11/30/2015_-_11:01

"Warrior Mages don't bother covering up their disasters.

They're proud of them."
-Raesh
Re: "Old" herbs 10/20/2016 05:13 PM CDT
Thanks sparkle.

___

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition."

- Henry V, William Shakespeare
Re: "Old" herbs 10/20/2016 06:57 PM CDT
Welcome back!

Personally I would recommend getting rid of any herbs you have on you now, just so you don't get confused later if you get some new ones.

Note that you can no longer just forage up herbs to heal yourself. As others mentioned, most healing now comes in the form of remedies, which are made via preparing herbs using Alchemy.

- Navesi