First Aid Idea 02/15/2016 03:36 PM CST
How about something for first aid in line with CLIMB PRACTICE, and magical research? Yes I know there are compendiums, but I'm thinking more something that would actually be a useful application of the skill.

Basically, a way to determine if you have internal injuries, and train first aid at the same time. Maybe DIAGNOSE, if that verb isn't already being used? So you'd DIAGNOSE MY RIGHT ARM, and just like CLIMB PRACTICE, you can't do anything else while you do this, and you get pulsing messages "You continue to inspect your right arm for injuries...". At the end, a first aid skill check to see if you're able to determine any internal injuries. Maybe add a timer per body part, so you have to inspect other areas.
Re: First Aid Idea 02/20/2016 11:51 PM CST
Sounds good to me. I think Naohhi said at the Premium meeting that there will be a better selection of anatomy charts available as well.

- Saragos
Re: First Aid Idea 02/21/2016 10:33 AM CST
As long as charts are scholarship primary and FA secondary, I doubt this will help too many other characters. I have every chart available in the game and use them on a few characters and the only ones that really seem to benefit from them are lore primary because their scholarship can stay above the FA enough to actually learn decent FA per time invested.
Re: First Aid Idea 02/21/2016 11:38 AM CST
>the only ones that really seem to benefit from them are lore primary because their scholarship can stay above the FA enough to actually learn decent FA per time invested.

This is my experience. I've got compendiums on a few characters, and the only one who doesn't take forever to move FA is my bard with scholarship a few hundred ranks above FA.

For some reason you just can't stop thinking about glarmencouplers.