Foraging georin grass? 08/22/2015 09:07 PM CDT
I've got 50 ranks in Outdoorsmanship and can't seem to find georin grass ANYWHERE. I have tried all of the recommended places around Crossing listed on other forums, plus Olwydd's and Kythryn's websites, but have no luck whatsoever. I can find jadice flower, red flower, blue flower, weeds... but no georin grass. What's up with that? Is there some other untold requirement (like perception, which is at 36)? Did the rank change? Why can't I find it?
Re: Foraging georin grass? 08/22/2015 09:33 PM CDT
Not helpful, but at 200 outdoors and 360 perception, I can find it.

It is night right now, which gives a perception debuff.
Re: Foraging georin grass? 08/22/2015 09:52 PM CDT
Looks like it's your perception holding you up. I just found georin grass in the NE corner of Midton in Crossing at night with only 47 ranks of outdoorsmanship, 53 ranks of perception, and a 20 mana clear vision cast. I could not find it without CV. (keep in mind it was night and I had no nightvision)

So if you have some way to get +outdoorsmanship or +perception or possibly even nightvision (if you're trying at night) you could find it. Or train up 20 to 30 ranks more perception.

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Foraging georin grass? 08/22/2015 10:34 PM CDT
Thanks for the replies! I suspected it might be a perception issue but doubted myself because I'm able to forage higher level stuff without a problem. I'll get crackin' on that perception!
Re: Foraging georin grass? 08/23/2015 08:27 AM CDT
At 70s in outdoorsmanship, Rabba finds georin grass just about anywhere ordinary grass can be found. Just yesterday, foraged it right outside of the Rangers Guild tent just outside of Riverhaven.

Therefore send not to ask for whom the bell tolls. It tolls for thee. - John Donne
Re: Foraging georin grass? 08/23/2015 01:36 PM CDT
>suspected it might be a perception issue but doubted myself because I'm able to forage higher level stuff without a problem.

Probably what you are seeing is the season/weather/time of day making particular herbs harder to find than baseline.

>Forgive my snark, but welcome to the life of a warrior mage.
Re: Foraging georin grass? 08/23/2015 08:25 PM CDT

Don't forget wounds can affect your foraging. Eye wounds for sure, maybe hand wounds too.