Rope Bridge Between Haven & Theren/Lang 01/06/2021 08:53 AM CST
Can Athletics skill reduce the journey to this in any capacity? Can we pool resources in game to have a replacement built? Anything?
Re: Rope Bridge Between Haven & Theren/Lang 01/06/2021 09:32 AM CST
Having crossed that bridge with characters with different levels of athletics skills, the skill does seem to make a difference in roundtime- and sometimes even with success levels when it comes to getting on the bridge in the first place. I have heard of attempts being made to collect materials to build a replacement bridge, but that was before Covid-19 reared its ugly head. By all means, let's see a status update!

Ryeka and others

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Rope Bridge Between Haven & Theren/Lang 01/09/2021 12:03 PM CST
In 425 (1/7/2018) there was an audience with Gyfford who said the following:
"I received a missive from Lord Rossman and he's acquired the materials and those should be ready to go any day now."

It's been 11 in-game years, surely that bridge has to be close to done by now...
Re: Rope Bridge Between Haven & Theren/Lang 01/09/2021 03:34 PM CST
It'd be awesome to see that come to fruition, yeah. The material donation crates outside the keep for that and other construction projects disappeared at some point early last year though, but the sign and clerk are still there. I want to say they vanished in a game crash, but the fact that it was never put back isn't exactly encouraging with regard to the level of attention being paid to the project. Or the sign and clerk could be removed too, that would also work I guess...it's just odd to lose one and not the others. I probably accounted for some 97% of the donations single-handedly anyway, heh.

Thanks,
-Bastion of Life Karthor