Dancing Ropes and Adjectives 07/27/2017 07:23 PM CDT
I just fixed a bug that should prevent Dancing Ropes from losing their adjective. The adjective is intended to change while it's active, but occasionally it would get stuck even after you are no longer climbing on it. This shouldn't happen anymore.

However, if you have one that is already stuck, you will need to ASSIST to get a GM to fix it.

Javac
That one guy

If you have questions or comments in regard to this post please email me at DR-JAVAC@play.net.
Re: Dancing Ropes and Adjectives 07/31/2017 05:31 PM CDT
I have a few questions about the dancing rope:

1ST - Since climbing them requires humming at the same time, should I be learning BOTH climbing and performance, or just climbing?

2ND- What's the best way to find which combination of Song types and styles would teach climbing the best? This one....

>You continue to struggle to hum a haunting march.
>Leaning one way then another while you climb, you manage to keep a dark climbing rope woven with strangely glowing threads from dancing away with you on it.

teaches me but its taken me 5 times so far repeating this to get to 20/34. So if anyone knows a better way to figure out the best way to learn from the rope, please let me know.

Thanks
Re: Dancing Ropes and Adjectives 07/31/2017 05:42 PM CDT
>Since climbing them requires humming at the same time, should I be learning BOTH climbing and performance, or just climbing?

Humming does not teach, so you should only learn climbing.

>What's the best way to find which combination of Song types and styles would teach climbing the best? This one....

The only way I know of is trial and error. Find the hardest combination of song/style that doesn't cause you to stop climbing due to it being too difficult.

Javac
That one guy

If you have questions or comments in regard to this post please email me at DR-JAVAC@play.net.
Re: Dancing Ropes and Adjectives 07/31/2017 07:00 PM CDT
>>What's the best way to find which combination of Song types and styles would teach climbing the best? This one....

My understanding (which could be wrong!) is that the music you play heavily relates to the athletics you learn. So if you would hum X Y to train 400 performance, you should hum X Y to train 400 athletics.

I'd personally start by working my way up the music type by humming X MASTERFUL and fine tune once you know where your threshold is.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Play_command

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.