Mobile Climbing Rod 12/24/2016 01:58 AM CST
So, what do you all think about a polearm or just item in general, that can be thrust into the ground and extended, that will allow you to practice athletics? Just a thought. Give it a timer or something so it won't be a main way to train, just supplementary.
Re: Mobile Climbing Rod 12/24/2016 08:31 AM CST
Sounds like a stripper pole waiting to happen. And pretty similar to the climbing ropes out there.

Monster Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.
Re: Mobile Climbing Rod 12/24/2016 09:06 AM CST
A pole vault pole item would be interesting, course could cause some damage if you fell or missed your spot on landing; so would something like a pogo stick that teaches athletics but working on a fatigue timer; or utilizing gliders from higher elevations to move multiple rooms with outcomes similar to pole vaulting as far as hitting your landing. And using them to even bypass obstacles. All these could be more interesting ways of working outdoor/athletics skills.

+Gidske
Re: Mobile Climbing Rod 12/24/2016 09:15 AM CST
Togball.

"Game balance is sobbing over in the corner as it considers the ramifications of AoE Blufmor Garaen. Your spell slots send their condolences." - GM Raesh
Re: Mobile Climbing Rod 12/24/2016 09:17 AM CST
I've wanted to introduce tumbling into DR forever. It would be an awesome athletics based way to introduce fun tactics into combat.

Monster Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.
Re: Mobile Climbing Rod 12/27/2016 03:07 PM CST
TBH why not just make it so windboards are more accessible and possibly rechargable without being an elemental (or magic) user.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Mobile Climbing Rod 01/17/2017 11:43 PM CST
As a windboard owner, I'd support more mobile climbing opportunities, so long as "space" was preserved for windboards remaining more awesome than more conventional options. That, or some kind of other benefit being added to them. Because, geez, that thing was expensive.

I really hate training skills that aren't "mobile", so a little something that's more common would be great for athletics. That, or some other way to "store up" the experience. Because, let's be honest, at higher ranks a full pool is just a drop in the bucket. The main reason I got a windboard was so that I didn't have to keep eliminating hunting areas as options because they lacked good areas for me to train athletics around them.

- Saragos