Crossing High Temple / Athletics training 03/06/2015 06:05 PM CST
I've been traveling down to Ilithi for athletics training for a long time now.
Training under the gondola was convenient because it trained very well at the time and I passed by there frequently anyway.
After that slowed down I heard about Corik's Wall and started training down there. I also hunted in Ilithi so it wasn't too far out of my way.

As training at Corik's Wall gets steadily slower and now that traveling there is out of the way of where I spend most of my time, I started thinking of other places that difficult climbs could be found.

There is this massive multi-story building in the middle of Crossing with stairs that take forever to climb up and down.
I was wondering if some climbs could be added to the outside of the High Temple, requiring more skill the higher you climb.

I imagine the High Temple might have decorative artwork carved on the outside? I'm not sure. The only details I found is that it is spherical in shape. Just looking for a plausible explanation of how it could be climbed.

I was thinking maybe 2-3 different paths to climb up to the main floor: one starting at the front entrance, one at the chapel to the west and one at the cemetery to the east.
Looking at: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/RanikMap2

Judging by how long it takes to climb the stairs to get to the main floor, I'd think it would take 3-4 climbs from ground level to get there. Climb up some vines, shimmy along a ledge, climb up a sculpture of something.. then you can climb into a window or continue climbing up to a higher level.

The series of climbs from the main floor to the next level (Eyes of the Thirteen) would require more skill.
The series of climbs from the Eyes of the Thirteen up to the Monk's Quarters even more than that.

..and maybe a really really though series of climbs to get to the Sanctuary Gardens at the top?

There are also three watch towers around the High Temple that could be good candidates for climbing.

Elanthipedia's Climbing page says Corik's Wall has a bottom cap of 525. I think that might be a bit high from what others have told me when they were able to start climbing it, but I don't know.. I'd guess 350-400 with buffs.

I'd think the climb from ground level to the main floor might be a little easier, like 300 ranks.
Then from the main floor to Eyes of the Thirteen at 500
Eyes of the Thirteen to the Monk's Quarters at 700
Monk's Quarters to the Sanctuary Gardens at 900?

That way the climbs would get progressively more difficult and people could move up to tougher ones as needed.

Bonus points if the Sanctuary Gardens have a high nature attunement so I can take a short break there between climbs :)

When I mentioned this idea to another Corik's Wall climber, he also talked about the recent trend of making ways to bypass obstacles with enough skill..swimming the Segoltha, etc.
Not only would this offer a new range of places to train athletics, it would also allow people to train until they are able to bypass a really long flight of stairs.
Re: Crossing High Temple / Athletics training 03/06/2015 09:08 PM CST
Training in zoluren. There are a couple places to train though I'm not sure what they cap out at. RIght now I can lock up there myself and others over 800+ skill. So here are the places I know about currently. And I use two weapons in hand when I use these.

Out the west gate, go trail, ne, e (yes this is pfanstons grove). Climb practice tree. You will find from (ranger - 450 to 675) trains pretty good. Dies at 676.
At the point where you climb bank on the sw side of the crossing to get to selgotha river. Climb practice bank will lock you over 800. Well at 830 it still locks lets put it that way.
In the selgotha river is an island. Climb practice in the tree on the island also trains to over 800 probably a lot more.

And yes I regular use coriks wall myself so I know what your going through. But these still lock me too.

Ranger Pfanston and his soggy pup.
Re: Crossing High Temple / Athletics training 03/06/2015 09:18 PM CST
There is also some type of climb that will take Athletics pretty high in the drakes/cabalists area IIRC.
Re: Crossing High Temple / Athletics training 03/07/2015 11:45 AM CST
>>There is also some type of climb that will take Athletics pretty high in the drakes/cabalists area IIRC.

http://www.kythsjournal.com/maps/map21.htm

The rocks on the right side of the map, just under the words "Lava Drakes."

Climb practice works very well there.
Re: Crossing High Temple / Athletics training 03/07/2015 11:52 AM CST
Oh, and I like your ideas for the Crossing temple.
Re: Crossing High Temple / Athletics training 03/07/2015 02:16 PM CST
I've always imagined about climbing the Crossing Temple, seems like a neat new addition to an old piece, and gives a little boost to having HIGH Athletic skills.

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
Re: Crossing High Temple / Athletics training 03/07/2015 05:25 PM CST
I tried out the rocks near lava drakes and they do teach me. Thanks for the info.
A bit slower than Corik's, but can't beat the location.. right next to where I hunt.

I am still kind of hoping that a series of tough climbs will be available at some point.
I always avoided climb practice. Running along a series of climbs always seemed to teach me quicker and allowed me to train other stuff between climbs. I could also lead other people along those climbs so they learn too.