APPRAISE <climb> bug? 02/10/2015 02:45 PM CST
I was trying to get over an obstacle with a character who was consistently getting only 2-3 second roundtimes so I tried appraising the climb to help me succeed, but this ended up resulting in failure roundtimes of 5-6 seconds for the next few attempts before going back to the 2-3 second roundtimes after the appraisal wears off. This pattern is 100% possible to duplicate.

This leads me to suspect that appraising the climb is actually penalizing my attempt instead of helping it. Relevant skills, location, and log below.

> skil ath

SKILL: Rank/Percent towards next rank/Amount learning/Mindstate fraction
Athletics: 80 69.86% dabbling (1/34)

Time Development Points: 40 Favours: 15 Deaths: 6 Departs: 6
Overall state of mind: clear
EXP HELP for more information

> skill appr

SKILL: Rank/Percent towards next rank/Amount learning/Mindstate fraction
Appraisal: 267 97.77% clear (0/34)

Time Development Points: 40 Favours: 15 Deaths: 6 Departs: 6
Overall state of mind: clear
EXP HELP for more information

> l
[The New Bridge, East Tower]
High above the South Gate, embrasures pierce the stone battlements between the merlons that give cover to the defenders of the walls. The perch commands the main entrance to the city with a field of fire that covers the approaches to the New South Bridge.
You also see a gold-etched brass skippet.
Obvious paths: west.

> tap emb
You tap an embrasure.
> climb emb

Trying to judge the climb, you peer over the edge. A wave of dizziness hits you, and you back away from the embrasure.
Roundtime: 2 sec.
R> climb emb

You attempt to climb down the embrasure, but you can't seem to find purchase.
Roundtime: 3 sec.

> appr emb careful
You begin to carefully study the embrasure.
You are certain that you could make this climb with your eyes closed.
After careful study, you are certain that you have determined the best way to climb the embrasure.
Roundtime: 16 seconds.
R> climb emb
...wait 11 seconds.
R> climb emb

Trying to judge the climb, you peer over the edge. A wave of dizziness hits you, and you back away from the embrasure.
Roundtime: 6 sec.
R> climb emb

You start down the embrasure, but you find it hard going. Rather than risking a fall, you make your way back up.
Roundtime: 5 sec.
R> climb emb

You start down the embrasure, but you find it hard going. Rather than risking a fall, you make your way back up.
R> climb emb

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators