Athletics in Hib 03/26/2014 11:29 AM CDT

With ~350 athletics, where is the best place to train? Epedia doesn't seem to have any info on this. Thanks!
Re: Athletics in Hib 03/26/2014 12:01 PM CDT
The two places I target in Hib are:

Ain Ghazal - This place teaches forever. There's a nice progression from the bottom to the top, which the hardest climb (IIRC) in the game. Just find the hardest thing for you to climb and work your way down. While training athletics, I always look for climbing because I can get a burst of experience all at once. Then when I hit 'I feel fatigued' state, I just go do something else for a minute. Downsides to Ain Ghazal include: you have to sit and take a ferry for a few minutes to get there and a minor annoyance where at some spots there are RT's associated with moving up and down (which I never remember where they occur).

The Liirewsag River (just west of black goblins) - Frankly I don't know how much skill is needed to swim here, but it can't be too insane since there's a back entrance to the Ranger's Guild if you dive low enough. Plus historically other rivers teach in that 300-600 level very well. Other downside if that it's through black goblins who have thrown weapons (they can attack right when you enter a room).

You also always just run to Shard and climb/swim the Undergondola. The ice road wait was never that terrible to me.

Sorry I don't have specific answers, but one of those three options should net you a usable training ground.

Nikpack
Re: Athletics in Hib 03/26/2014 02:03 PM CDT

Great, thanks!
Re: Athletics in Hib 03/26/2014 02:32 PM CDT
If you're not against running around to train it, there are a series of rooms that can be climbed near Hib that will lock it after a few runs.

In BC, The Hag's Crag, right before the cliff and the area northish of the Dark Burrows. There are ~10 climbable rooms in that area. Should teach well in the 300s range.

IM: Dannyboy00001111

"Fool proof system do not take into account the ingenuity of fools, nor the power of numbers."
Re: Athletics in Hib 03/26/2014 06:28 PM CDT
<<If you're not against running around to train it, there are a series of rooms that can be climbed near Hib that will lock it after a few runs.

Where are these rooms?

Nikpack
Re: Athletics in Hib 03/26/2014 07:40 PM CDT
bleh. Delete/Edit because didn't read the title of the thread.

>Ain Ghazal - This place teaches forever. There's a nice progression from the bottom to the top, which the hardest climb (IIRC) in the game.

Climb practice is really slowing down at 606 on the top precipice climb (the toughest on Ain, afaik. I've gained a good 300 survival tert ranks of athletics on that island, especially after Asketi's Mount ran out). Maybe eke out ranks running up and down for another 50-100 lessons I'd guess, but it wouldn't be fun. The pier on M'riss I think teaches higher(800s?), as well as climbs in the lava drake area, lava tube on Hara'Jaal, etc.

Speaking of Asketi's Mount (or rather Hag's Crag http://elanthipedia.org/w/index.php/RanikMap137), that should still be good for 350's. I want to say climb practice ran out around 400. I swear I made some documentation on Elanthipedia somewhere but can't find them.
Re: Athletics in Hib 03/27/2014 12:04 AM CDT

Got it, thanks!
Re: Athletics in Hib 03/27/2014 08:05 AM CDT
>Where are these rooms?

Near tresses/nyads/dreads iirc. It's a great area, haven't used them since 2.0 but it taught climbing perfect when I had a ranger in that range.