Where to train Athletics at 1000+ ? 09/03/2013 10:43 AM CDT
Anyone got a suggestion better than the branch/chasm/undergondola by shard?

Really slowing way down lately, getting extremely annoying to train, but kinda need it for circling.

Also there is still an exp timer on climbing right? Each direction, 30 seconds?

Thanks.
Re: Where to train Athletics at 1000+ ? 09/03/2013 11:29 AM CDT
There's some really hard climbs out in that desert with the Yeehar thingies. I got stuck in one of the rooms and couldn't get out because the climb was too hard. think I had 700s at the time.

Might not be a viable spot to go train on a day to day basis though :(

Codiax.
Forged Weapons:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Codiax#Codiax-Forged-Weapons
Re: Where to train Athletics at 1000+ ? 09/03/2013 11:31 AM CDT
it was on this map I think, maybe even in the shifting maze, I just remember I was lost and stuck in a room because the climb was too hard and had to assist to get out. fun stuff

http://elanthipedia.org/w/index.php/RanikMap48

Codiax.
Forged Weapons:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Codiax#Codiax-Forged-Weapons
Re: Where to train Athletics at 1000+ ? 09/03/2013 11:39 AM CDT
>Anyone got a suggestion better than the branch/chasm/undergondola by shard?

You might try climb practice on the rocks in the Arthelun Flats. I don't know how high it teaches but it's tougher than the undergondola.

[Arthelun Flats, Old Imperial Road]
The road ends abruptly here, a treacherous jumble of massive rocks making passage onward all but impossible. The volcano looms to the northwest, rumbling and muttering like a sleeping giant.
Obvious paths: northwest.

Unfortunately I don't believe anyone has uploaded a map of the area on epedia or Kythryn's yet.

If you aren't familiar with the Arthelun area: From outside the Dirge gates, south, south, south, east, northeast, southeast, east, climb crater, go tube, northeast, east, go maw, northeast, go bridge, southeast, tap rocks: >You tap a jumble of rocks.

This is all outside the lava drake/Arthelun cabalist hunting grounds so you don't have to dodge anything while you do your athletics training.
Re: Where to train Athletics at 1000+ ? 09/03/2013 12:21 PM CDT
Also try the pier and piling on M'riss.

Athletics: 1161 81.05% fascinated

Waiting for results..................................................................................................................
Re: Where to train Athletics at 1000+ ? 09/03/2013 12:54 PM CDT
>Unfortunately I don't believe anyone has uploaded a map of the area on epedia or Kythryn's yet.

If you want a map, I'll make you a map; I just need someone to send me a log of the area.

Remember this post?
http://forums.play.net/forums/DragonRealms/Places,%20Cities%20and%20Provinces%20of%20DragonRealm%27s%20Elanthia/The%20Hunting%20Areas%20of%20Provinces/view/300

Zero responses.
Re: Where to train Athletics at 1000+ ? 09/03/2013 01:27 PM CDT
Put a timer on it. Hit every climbable spot both ways, in the Undergondola - every 70-75 seconds. Works like a charm for me, locks Athletics in about 3 runs w/ 955. Best done w/ Foraging or maybe Locksmithing, I guess.

IM: Dannyboy00001111

"Fool proof system do not take into account the ingenuity of fools, nor the power of numbers."
Re: Where to train Athletics at 1000+ ? 09/03/2013 03:05 PM CDT
>>Also there is still an exp timer on climbing right? Each direction, 30 seconds?

60 seconds.

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: Where to train Athletics at 1000+ ? 09/03/2013 03:31 PM CDT
how about the lava tube on Hara'jakal?

______
Kertig Heart Magdar Bluefletch, Forging Guru of M'Riss
Re: Where to train Athletics at 1000+ ? 09/11/2013 11:06 PM CDT
>Unfortunately I don't believe anyone has uploaded a map of the area on epedia or Kythryn's yet

Even cartographers can be scaredy cats...:P I'll try and update the entrance to get to the area here in the next week or so, but I'm not sure I'm brave enough to venture in just yet!

~Kythryn
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." - Mark Twain
Re: Where to train Athletics at 1000+ ? 09/15/2013 03:48 AM CDT
>Unfortunately I don't believe anyone has uploaded a map of the area on epedia or Kythryn's yet

And to follow-up on this, Anuind called me out on my yellow streak, so after a few drinks and much poking fun, I did indeed go in and map this area. The climbing looks to be in a safe place before you get to the actual hunting, so it is worth taking a look at for anyone needing the advanced training. At least, one side of the climb is safe. The other I suspect drops you right into cabalists, but my yellow-streak was back by the time I was sorting that out, so it may be awhile before the map reflects where the climb ends up...:P

http://www.kythsjournal.com/maps/map21.htm

~Kythryn
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." - Mark Twain
Re: Where to train Athletics at 1000+ ? 09/15/2013 12:02 PM CDT
>At least, one side of the climb is safe. The other I suspect drops you right into cabalists, but my yellow-streak was back by the time I was sorting that out, so it may be awhile before the map reflects where the climb ends up

I shifted a beam to someone who made the climb when that area opened and if memory serves it's a safe single room with some interesting artwork or an artifact and only one obvious exit: back the way you came. Thanks for updating that map! My map making skills are poor.

There are also 2 bard evokes in the safe sections of that area for any adventurous bards. (1 of the evokes can be fatal.)
Re: Where to train Athletics at 1000+ ? 11/21/2013 01:27 PM CST
>>Anyone got a suggestion better than the branch/chasm/undergondola by shard?

Add to that the Corics Wall spots there is 5 of them. They teach past 1k if I recall correct. There is a fellow who uses the Undergondola & Corics wall to move his Athletics at 1400 I believe and move it reasonably well. Yes it takes time but at those levels you sort of have to expect that.