Getting dragged while swimming 09/23/2012 03:25 AM CDT
Swimming the Segoltha I still get 15 second roundtimes in the hard rooms and I get dragged between every one of those rooms. What helps to reduce the chance of getting dragged? Strength, stamina, more swimming? Character has 65 strength and 40 stamina, just over 300 swimming. I always remove the armor and put it in a container and am still unburdened, but I cast ease burden anyway.
Re: Getting dragged while swimming 09/23/2012 03:27 PM CDT
More swimming skill for sure.
Probably more Stamina. For one thing you take a huge fatigue hit with a drag.
Not sure on Strength, but probably.

As an Empath, casting a capped Refresh makes a very sizable difference with swimming.

All that said, I thought 300 swimming for the Segoltha was very low skill for it?

Kaeta Airtag

>>Actually an opinion cannot be changed or corrected. Nice try back of line.-VERATHOR
>>But it can be wrong.-Starlear
Re: Getting dragged while swimming 09/23/2012 11:39 PM CDT
>Swimming the Segoltha I still get 15 second roundtimes in the hard rooms and I get dragged between every one of those rooms. What helps to reduce the chance of getting dragged? Strength, stamina, more swimming? Character has 65 strength and 40 stamina, just over 300 swimming. I always remove the armor and put it in a container and am still unburdened, but I cast ease burden anyway.

I have over 500 Swimming and higher combined Strength+Stamina but I still get 14 (and the occasional 15) second RTs while crossing the Segoltha. I also usually get dragged sideways a few times.

-Artificer Nilassa

You notice Kssarh trying to remain hidden while speaking.
You hear the voice of Kssarh say, "Slackers."
Re: Getting dragged while swimming 09/24/2012 04:56 AM CDT
Yes, 300 is probably very low for it. I am trying to figure out what I need to work on. Refresh helps a lot.

500 and still getting dragged? Sigh.
Re: Getting dragged while swimming 11/06/2012 12:08 AM CST
>> Swimming the Segoltha I still get 15 second roundtimes in the hard rooms and I get dragged between every one of those rooms. What helps to reduce the chance of getting dragged? Strength, stamina, more swimming? Character has 65 strength and 40 stamina, just over 300 swimming. I always remove the armor and put it in a container and am still unburdened, but I cast ease burden anyway.

Been able to do it since 245 Swimming. 15 second RT @ 261, still get pulled around though. 99 Stamina 82 Strength.

But I don't seem to fail anymore, either.

IM: Dannyboy00001111

"Fool proof system do not take into account the ingenuity of fools, nor the power of numbers."
Re: Getting dragged while swimming 11/06/2012 05:15 PM CST
>> Swimming the Segoltha I still get 15 second roundtimes in the hard rooms and I get dragged between every one of those rooms. What helps to reduce the chance of getting dragged? Strength, stamina, more swimming? Character has 65 strength and 40 stamina, just over 300 swimming. I always remove the armor and put it in a container and am still unburdened, but I cast ease burden anyway.>>

Strength is the best solution short term solution. I used to figure 1 rank of strength=5 ranks of swimming. Of course the long term solution is a lot more swimming. I've got ~340 in swimming and still get dragged, but then I have a lot less strength 44'sh but a tad more stamina 46.

IMO if you're trying to train swimming the best places on the mainland at around your ranks are the Faldesu (keep swimming NW or SW depending upon where you start or due west from the rock.) Or the underground river in UG.

Are you a ranger by chance? Rangers have a beseech that'll let them walk on water, plus caiman swim spell that'll boost your swimming. Ease burden is also good to have on, so keep doing that.

Bluefalcon
Re: Getting dragged while swimming 01/29/2013 12:05 AM CST
No, not a ranger. After 3.0 I have a bit over 500 Athletics and can make the swim much more easily. I did reassign stats and now have 70 in both strength and stamina. Still get dragged sometimes, but the fatigue hit isn't as severe and so it doesn't make any difference.