Can CLIMB be tweaked to not try and climb my stuff? 08/07/2012 03:00 PM CDT
I play a Trader, I often carry my ledger on me in a handy easy to reach backpack. Sadly, when I go climbing the cliffs in La'tami, I find I have to close my backpack, because when I try to CLIMB LEDGE (there's two "bi-directional" ledges in the cliffs) I wind up trying to climb my ledger. And failing. And taking a fatigue loss from trying to climb... my ledger.

I'm pretty sure this didn't start happening to me until the "You are too tired" was removed. I know everybody's busy pushing 3.0, but if this is happening at every ledge in the game, it'd probably be a very welcome fix among my fellow Traders.
Re: Can CLIMB be tweaked to not try and climb my stuff? 08/07/2012 03:11 PM CDT
On a side note, I think Hermes from Futurama gets his cardio from climbing all those stacks of paperwork. Maybe that's how he got his name, too!
Re: Can CLIMB be tweaked to not try and climb my stuff? 08/07/2012 05:33 PM CDT
I think this was a side effect of a separate bug fix to climbing. I'll flag it for the GM who did that work.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Can CLIMB be tweaked to not try and climb my stuff? 08/07/2012 06:06 PM CDT
It's not new, it's been there for a while. I modified some genie maps so I'd stop trying to climb my briquet (bridge instead of bri), and stiletto (<adj> stile, instead of stile).

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: Can CLIMB be tweaked to not try and climb my stuff? 08/08/2012 01:17 AM CDT
Thanks Raesh
Re: Can CLIMB be tweaked to not try and climb my stuff? 08/09/2012 05:59 AM CDT
Saw this was fixed, thanks to whoever did it.